Air filter kit

I have looked into getting an after-market air filter kit for my 2011 Edge Limited however everyone I find shows it fitting a 2010, they do not mention the 2011.

Does anyone know if the 2010 to 2011 changes (different motor) made enough changes that would effect the installation of one of these kits for a 2010?

I have used K&N on every one of my auto and do not have any knowledge or experience with other brands. Please feel free to mention any other brands that I should consider/research.

Thanks!

I use K&N filters. IMO the benfits are improved horsepower, better air flow and the fact that I don't have to buy another filter for time I own the vehicle. Just maintain it. I have no preconceived notion that I will have improved MPG, but it can only help add to the possibilities. Not sure if the 2010 works for the 2011 but a good parts person should be able to help with that answer for you.

• 1 month later...

I use K&N filters. IMO the benfits are improved horsepower, better air flow and the fact that I don't have to buy another filter for time I own the vehicle. Just maintain it. I have no preconceived notion that I will have improved MPG, but it can only help add to the possibilities. Not sure if the 2010 works for the 2011 but a good parts person should be able to help with that answer for you.

I'd be interested in checking out a K&N for my 2011 MKX...anyone have info? Probably using the same filter as the Edge.