Bluetooth issues !!!

hanzsolo

Hi all,

I've own a 2011 Lincoln MKX fully equipped with the sight sound package and all options.

I've had the truck at service numerous times for software updates to address various issues (screen turning black, camera stuck, etc).. I love the technology in the truck and am very happy with it, besides the various software bugs.

I am now finally running version 2.8 and all seems to be working ok EXCEPT I still have the same bluetooth problems that I've had since day one - people cannot hear me properly. They complain that I am constantly fading in and out, static, etc.. I have tried various different phones (blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, HTC sensation, and numerous others) and always seem to have the same issue.

Could this be a hardware problem?

Does anybody else experience these issues and if yes, is there any way to fix it ??

Would the latest software version 2.11 possibly fix this ??

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance and have a great day

Edited by hanzsolo

Hi all,

I've own a 2011 Lincoln MKX fully equipped with the sight sound package and all options.

I've had the truck at service numerous times for software updates to address various issues (screen turning black, camera stuck, etc).. I love the technology in the truck and am very happy with it, besides the various software bugs.

I am now finally running version 2.8 and all seems to be working ok EXCEPT I still have the same bluetooth problems that I've had since day one - people cannot hear me properly. They complain that I am constantly fading in and out, static, etc.. I have tried various different phones (blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, HTC sensation, and numerous others) and always seem to have the same issue.

Could this be a hardware problem?

Does anybody else experience these issues and if yes, is there any way to fix it ??

Would the latest software version 2.11 possibly fix this ??

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance and have a great day

Could be a hardware problem. I'd get 2.11 first and see if it fixes it.

It's possible but I wouldn't hold my breath.

When testing the phones, have you deleted them from Touch ans well as delete from phone then do a new pairing?

Are your phones up-to-date on their software?

Thanks for the replies :)

Yes I usually delete the phones from touch and then do a new pairing.

And yes my phones are always up to date on their software.

I cannot say for sure I had a problem with my blackberry but am pretty sure i did.

And I know for sure the iPhone 4 and android phones are giving me issues (I change phones waaaaaaay too often LOL)

The issues are intermittent, sometimes people hear me perfectly fine and then my voice starts cutting in and out, static, etc.

I also have another problem when the phone rings and I answer but the music keeps playing and it takes 4-5 seconds for it to transfer to my handsfree...

I guess I'll try version 2.11 and see if that helps... Hopefully it won't give me new issues as some are reporting.