Placed order for a 2012-some changes

igcitng

Saturday I took the plunge and ordered a 2012 Edge. Not being able to see Mineral Grey Metallic I have approximately 10 days to decide if I want that or the Ingot Silver. Spent today going to a few dealers that listed having Mustangs and Explorers in that color. Did not find any of the cars. I will keep trying.

Also, I apologize if I missed this on the forum, no more MFT? That name is not mentioned in any 2012 literature. I was given a copy of an updated ordering guide. They refer to it as Sync and you can get Navi and the touch screen, also am told it is dumbed down this year from the complicated database 2011 has.

Saturday I took the plunge and ordered a 2012 Edge. Not being able to see Mineral Grey Metallic I have approximately 10 days to decide if I want that or the Ingot Silver. Spent today going to a few dealers that listed having Mustangs and Explorers in that color. Did not find any of the cars. I will keep trying.

Also, I apologize if I missed this on the forum, no more MFT? That name is not mentioned in any 2012 literature. I was given a copy of an updated ordering guide. They refer to it as Sync and you can get Navi and the touch screen, also am told it is dumbed down this year from the complicated database 2011 has.

It's in the order guide. Standard on Limited, Included with SEL pkg 201A and 205A.

Originally told 1500 then 2500 now I think 1000. I am TOTALLY unclear on what the rebates for 2012 are.

See if this site/list helps...

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Ford-Edge-2012/incentives/

I just went through this on my new 2011 and I found the dealers to be either misinformed or disingenuous at best. I had to fight for each incentive. There is also trade allowance out there if you are trading anything in.

-Fletch

I have to be honest..we are looking at a 2011 and this whole incentive thing is just BS. No site agrees on what is actually available, Fords site says the rebates are different between FWD and AWD but dealers tell me otherwise. Some say to have them run a VINCENT report but I wouldn't trust they give me the complete info and now you mention a trade allowance??? First I heard of that. This whole process is way more complicated than it should be and I am worried I am going to get right up to signing the papers only to find out the incentives are not 2k with ford financing.

Something has changed with Ford's rebates. I know in some cases the rebates are coming from local dealer associations and the national Ford website doesn't always know those. But the bottom line is VINCENT does list all of the Ford incentives that you qualify for based on your personal information (zip code, address, etc.) and the vehicle VIN. If your dealer isn't forthcoming or doesn't know how to check then I'm not sure what to tell you other than find another dealer.

It's not as simple as checking the Ford website any more and I'm not sure why and whether it's intentional or just lack of updates to the web site I'm not sure.