Almost afraid to bring my new Edge to the car-wash

Maybe my particular car wash is really clean or has some different type of technology. Or maybe the professionals are simply lumping all automatic car washes together when in fact they're not all the same. I would probably do the same thing if i was a professional detailer
+1. Also, i, too, try and stay away from the car washes with the bristles and clothes, so I typically visit a particular touchless one that sprays underneath. I think that it matters where and the method used, and there is really no way to tell how harsh a car wash is. I know that swirl marks are a tell tale sign of paint damage due to sun or overuse of these car washes, but I think it is still better than nothing. Overall, I like a clean vehicle, and the inside isn't seen by anyone other than my passengers. I am now worried about taking my vehicles through a car wash, but I still believe that it is better than doing nothing. Plus, the winter weather is approaching, and although not always a good idea, if the weather forecast is above freezing for the afternoon, I am there. I can't stand brushing against a dirty car or not being able to see out the window. Canuck, thank you, for your insight. I'm not going to say that other poster's overreact, but you are correct -- in a forum where individuals ask for advice, you are providing a free service. I know that some get easily offended, but you are just giving your professional insight.