Recreational Towing

I have a 2011 Edge Limited which I tow behind my motor home using a Master Tow 80TSB-14 Tow Dolly. The dolly instructions say to lock the steering wheel - the wheel wells on the dolly can pivot for turning corners. Since I have keyless ignition the only way to lock the steering wheel is to use the seat belt. On my last trip when I went to remove the seat belt I found the leather steering wheel wrap had deformed and pulled out from under the top trim. I was able to loosen the top trim and get the leather wrap back in place. Is there a better way to secure the steering wheel other than using the seat belt?

I have a 2011 Edge Limited which I tow behind my motor home using a Master Tow 80TSB-14 Tow Dolly. The dolly instructions say to lock the steering wheel - the wheel wells on the dolly can pivot for turning corners. Since I have keyless ignition the only way to lock the steering wheel is to use the seat belt. On my last trip when I went to remove the seat belt I found the leather steering wheel wrap had deformed and pulled out from under the top trim. I was able to loosen the top trim and get the leather wrap back in place. Is there a better way to secure the steering wheel other than using the seat belt?

Have you asked this question on the forum for rvers? www.rv.net

They have a section on dingy towing.

Edited by 11Edge