Rear View Camera for Ford Edge SEL 2011

playtoy

Hi All

Would like to start off saying thank you for allowing me to be part of this forum.

I just purchased a new Ford Edge SEL 2011 with MS sync and Nav etc. I got a really good deal on it as its a 2011 but still bran new :). Question, I wanted a rear view camera but didnt want to jump up to the limited edition. Is there a aftermarket camera that I can install on my edge that will work with my display screen?

I want it to be able to when I put the car in reverse the camera will turn on. Is there even a plug available on the back of the screen for this.

Thank You all.

P.S Mods, Feel free to move this post to the correct location

Thanks

Edited by playtoy

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure the option for the rear camera isn't turned off? I feel like an edge with nav and MFT options should have one........

+1 My 2011 SEL with nav has it. Don't remember if there is a screen to shut it off but I do remember a screen that allowed you to set up guide lines and stuff. Maybe take a walk to the back and verify if there is a lense by the license plate. My guess is you'll find one, then you just have to figure out if it isn't working right due to MFT issues or you have it shut off.

The lens is near the release button in the liftgate. Oops. By bad. The lens is above the license plate.

With the motor running and the transmission in reverse look at the left 4 inch screen. See if there is a notice saying that the back up is off. If it does show up scroll with the left buttons to the "on" dot and press OK. Hope this helps.

Edited by 11Edge