Has anyone installed this usb update?

Hi. I have a 2011 Edge SEL with MFT but no nav. I have been using the following version since I bought the vehicle.

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.3

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

SYNC compatible software

I was surprised to see that for the first time, an update was available on my SyncMyRide account. The update explained these as stability improvements. Here are the files I downloaded.

BT4T-14D545 CA HA LA MA NA

BT4T - 14D546 AP ED

BT4T -14D621-AA and several others totaling 317mb.

My question is this. Have any SEL owners installed this update? If so, how did it go? Were there any new problems? I am thinking of passing up this update since I have had NO PROBLEMS up to this point. What are your thoughts?

Just curious.

Hi. I have a 2011 Edge SEL with MFT but no nav. I have been using the following version since I bought the vehicle.

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.3

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

SYNC compatible software

I was surprised to see that for the first time, an update was available on my SyncMyRide account. The update explained these as stability improvements. Here are the files I downloaded.

BT4T-14D545 CA HA LA MA NA

BT4T - 14D546 AP ED

BT4T -14D621-AA and several others totaling 317mb.

My question is this. Have any SEL owners installed this update? If so, how did it go? Were there any new problems? I am thinking of passing up this update since I have had NO PROBLEMS up to this point. What are your thoughts?

Just curious.

I would definitely install the update. Most of the updates i have done for customers has

helped with phone compatibility. Sync is pretty stable and does not have the problem

that MFT has. I have never seen it create new problems.

If you don't have issues with your current software on the MFT I wouldn't change. We were running 2.7 and it was OK, ran a little slow and had a few "performing scheduled maintenance" screens but not too frequent. Did the USB upgrade and now it is terrible. Almost daily we get the maintenance screens and those are usually the good days. Over the weekend the radio was completely inoperable. Dash display said it was off, try to hit the button to turn it on, you hear the beep but nothing. Late yesterday it finally started working again. But even this is with plenty of issues, like artists are no longer listed under USB.

So my advice is if you are OK with what you have sit tight until you have a problem or Ford releases the complete rewrite.

• Like 1

If you don't have issues with your current software on the MFT I wouldn't change. We were running 2.7 and it was OK, ran a little slow and had a few "performing scheduled maintenance" screens but not too frequent. Did the USB upgrade and now it is terrible. Almost daily we get the maintenance screens and those are usually the good days. Over the weekend the radio was completely inoperable. Dash display said it was off, try to hit the button to turn it on, you hear the beep but nothing. Late yesterday it finally started working again. But even this is with plenty of issues, like artists are no longer listed under USB.

So my advice is if you are OK with what you have sit tight until you have a problem or Ford releases the complete rewrite.

Thanks wlepse. I think I will hold off on the update. If it's not broke don't fix it seems to be the most prudent guideline here.

Yeah we are having big problems now with the radio...constant locking up, staying on after you leave the car, no longer can we see artists listed under USB but it will list albums??? Think I need to call tech support and see what they can advise. I think something must have gotten corrupted during the install because it is 5 x's worse than before.