2007 Edge C439 - 14N139 Trailer Tow Connector

Keesesp

In the Mail today I received my Wiring Diagrams 2007 Edge, MKX (300+Page) Manual.

On the Component Location Views 151-16 & 151-17 C439 Trailer tow connector and C406, is displayed.

I went under my Edge and looked, I found the C406 with a tag of 14N139. I could not find the C439, which could be tucked up above the crashbar.

I went back to the manual Connector Views 150-60, C439 display shows 14N139.

C406 Female Connector View 150-59 displays shows 14N139,so where is the Trailer Tow Connector?

This is a 2007 FORD Edge SEL, my question is:

[*]Is there one on the 2007 FORD Edge SEL??

Edited by Keesesp

Does your Edge have the tow package? If not, then you probably don't have the connector you are looking for. I had a hitch installed about 3 months after I bought mine (new w/o the tow pkg) and there was not even a wiring harness on the market yet. I had to wait another month or so for the harness to come in.

Thank You, for your quick response:

is this the one you went with?:

Edited by Keesesp

I think it may have been the Curt harness. The hitch is a Drawtite which was available before the harness. I had it installed by a professional shop. I could have done it myself (and have done others in the past) but I decided to pay someone else to take care of it this time.

When I inquired with a Ford dealer about installing a harness, they basically said they'd have a tech go to an auto parts store, buy a universal harness and charge me $200 to install it...

Side note for any of you in the north metro ATL, I highly recommend Pat Rogers Hitches in Marietta. If you see a hitch with a red sticker and silver/chrome lettering, it was installed by Pat Rogers Hitches...take note, there are a bunch of them out there.