Does anyone know . . .

igcitng

Last week I was told that my Edge would be delivered on Oct 10th so I went to the bank this past Saturday and have a loan check in hand. It wasn't delivered. So I called Tuesday and what I was told was that it is in transit but they could not tell me where it is. Called again today and am told it is waiting to be shipped. Based on the lingo does anyone have any idea how much longer the wait may be? Now I will need to make a payment on my current Edge which screws up the payoff and the loan amount. Not understanding how they could not know exactly where their cars are. Thanks for any info. :)

Hi, I was also scheduled to receive my Ford Edge Limited this week. It shows that it was build on Sept 19th. My dealer just called and told me that there is an issue with the carpet. Apparently the carpet vendor was affected by the flooding back East and they have a new vendor now but I still may not receive my car until 11/14. Maybe its the same issue for yours? I chose Sienna interior. Not sure if it makes a difference though.

When I called Ford directly they had no info for me and didn't show an update in the system since 9-30. They could not explain the delay or give me a new estimated arrival date. They also said they wouldn't know about any vendor delays (huh?). The carpet info came from my dealer. How he found out, I am not sure. He's a pretty straightforward guy though, so I have no reason to doubt him. I'm sure he'd like to sell the car :-)

I was given no information, I would hope that if there was a delay they would explain.

When I called Ford directly they had no info for me and didn't show an update in the system since 9-30. They could not explain the delay or give me a new estimated arrival date. They also said they wouldn't know about any vendor delays (huh?). The carpet info came from my dealer. How he found out, I am not sure. He's a pretty straightforward guy though, so I have no reason to doubt him. I'm sure he'd like to sell the car :-)

hmmm, sounds like us. Our order was Aug 20, dealer input into the system Aug 30, it was built on Sept 19th and there it sits at the Oakville plant. Our dealer/salesman has been great, and we were also told it was a carpet issue that was delaying it, however, the carpet mfg was up and running end around Sept 26th and they reached out to their competitors to assist them as well. We can't get a date for delivery. Ford REALLY needs to work on their communication . Our interior is called stone, the vehicle we're waiting for is a SEL AWD. It really makes you wonder if it really is a carpet issue OR something else.

Edited by woodie11

hmmm, sounds like us. Our order was Aug 20, dealer input into the system Aug 30, it was built on Sept 19th and there it sits at the Oakville plant. Our dealer/salesman has been great, and we were also told it was a carpet issue that was delaying it, however, the carpet mfg was up and running end around Sept 26th and they reached out to their competitors to assist them as well. We can't get a date for delivery. Ford REALLY needs to work on their communication . Our interior is called stone, the vehicle we're waiting for is a SEL AWD. It really makes you wonder if it really is a carpet issue OR something else.

My sales guy just called me. It's the carpet. Hurricane Lee destroyed the plant. My original delivery date was the week of Oct 9, now it is the week of Nov 13. I am really peeved that they would not tell me when I called them directly. I got a loan in anticipation of getting it this week and will now have to redo everything.

Mine is a Limited AWD with black interior. Hopefully it's carpet and not something with the AWD.

I think it must really be the carpet since I ordered FWD. Nov. 13th is the approx new arrival date I was given also btw. I hope it doesn't really take that long. ugh.

My sales guy just called me. It's the carpet. Hurricane Lee destroyed the plant. My original delivery date was the week of Oct 9, now it is the week of Nov 13. I am really peeved that they would not tell me when I called them directly. I got a loan in anticipation of getting it this week and will now have to redo everything.

Mine is a Limited AWD with black interior. Hopefully it's carpet and not something with the AWD.

Who would ever guess that they would actually run low on carpet to the point where a missed shipment would stop production. I'm so bummed. Getting a brand new car right when winter starts.

if you google or bing - pennsylvania floods auto carpet manufacturer you will find lots of links to stories, here are 2 of those links.

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news/article/1083472--lee-puts-damper-on-chrysler-production

http://www.minyanville.com/dailyfeed/2011/09/15/gm-and-chrysler-run-out/

this is a quote from the 2nd link: "Ford Motor, however, appears to have dodged a bullet on this one. The company said it is "monitoring its inventory of carpet and floormats," but is still running at full speed."

Edited by woodie11

if you google or bing - pennsylvania floods auto carpet manufacturer you will find lots of links to stories, here are 2 of those links.

http://www.bramptong...sler-production

http://www.minyanvil...rysler-run-out/

this is a quote from the 2nd link: "Ford Motor, however, appears to have dodged a bullet on this one. The company said it is "monitoring its inventory of carpet and floormats," but is still running at full speed."

Must be an outdated article because a bunch of us are waiting for carpet.

Must be an outdated article because a bunch of us are waiting for carpet.

The original articles where Ford said they weren't affected and were monitoring the situation, were written around the 16-21st of Sept. Most of us have heard from our dealers/salesperson regarding the "carpet shortage" now. There are THOUSANDS of Edges sitting in Oakville waiting to be reworked for carpet. It's a massive time consuming expensive rebuild. Most who've ordered and have cars built waiting for carpet are probably not going to see their vehicle anytime soon. We just wish Ford had been upfront from the start.

http://www.wheels.com/public/Reference/Fleetweek/9-29-2011-6-27-11-PM.aspx#3

Edited by woodie11

The original articles where Ford said they weren't affected and were monitoring the situation, were written around the 16-21st of Sept. Most of us have heard from our dealers/salesperson regarding the "carpet shortage" now. There are THOUSANDS of Edges sitting in Oakville waiting to be reworked for carpet. It's a massive time consuming expensive rebuild. Most who've ordered and have cars built waiting for carpet are probably not going to see their vehicle anytime soon. We just wish Ford had been upfront from the start.

http://www.wheels.co...27-11-PM.aspx#3

Thousands of just Edges? Wow. Thanks for the article. I hope this does not affect the quality of the carpet or the build, that is my main concern. I don't mind waiting, I am just so angry that they were not upfront when I called and I went through the hassle of getting a loan that I now have to return and pay interest on.