Aftermarket Trailer Hitch & Warranty

I was just wondering if anyone knew if installing an aftermarket hitch on my 2011 Edge Limited AWD will effect my warranty at all? Also someone told me all Limited models were pre-wired for trailer wiring, but I find taht hard to believe without the tow package. Anyways I found a great price on a hitch from hitchdepotusa.com and am thinking about installing it for pulling a small trailer with my Quad or Snow machine. Thanks for your time fellow ford enthusiasts!!

I did install a hitch mainly for a bike rack but as a few have suggested here installing a hitch should not affect your warranty except if somehow you damage the engine or trans from overheating. But this is unlikely with a light load like a quad or sled. Also some suggested that even if something did happen to your engine or tranny you could take the hitch off to fly under the radar. Not sure on the wiring, but I would suspect there is a connector that you can attach the OEM harness to.

I did install a hitch mainly for a bike rack but as a few have suggested here installing a hitch should not affect your warranty except if somehow you damage the engine or trans from overheating. But this is unlikely with a light load like a quad or sled. Also some suggested that even if something did happen to your engine or tranny you could take the hitch off to fly under the radar. Not sure on the wiring, but I would suspect there is a connector that you can attach the OEM harness to.

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it.