MFT Screen

Hi all,

Purchased a new 2012 Limited today. Have one question regarding the MFT screen. Is the screen suppose to have a bit of give to it in the middle region? It seems a bit "spongy" for lack of a better word. Also sometimes I have press firm to get the screen to recognize the touch area. Any thoughts or comments? Thanks.

Hi all,

Purchased a new 2012 Limited today. Have one question regarding the MFT screen. Is the screen suppose to have a bit of give to it in the middle region? It seems a bit "spongy" for lack of a better word. Also sometimes I have press firm to get the screen to recognize the touch area. Any thoughts or comments? Thanks.

I don't notice any difference in the feel of my screen from the sides to the middle, make sure you contact ford with all you concerns or worries, I find it best to send an e mail to the service manager before calling, this way if they say it is fine, but it happens to get worst and worst as your warranty is running out you can prove it was an existing problem prior to expiration. Note I haven't had any problems with for at all with warranty I am just cautious from my last vehicle (not a ford)

Cheers and enjoy your new ride, I love ours.

I'd definately get back to the dealer and have them check it out. You might want to suggest to your service rep to compare yours to another Edge, see how they compare. Most important, make sure that you get a copy of the paperwork from the service department for you records.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO