SYNC Status Checker Tool

Hello All,

I am a new Edge owner (2011 AWD Limited) and want to be sure that my system is up to date. I have downloaded the SYNC Status Checker Tool from Sync My Ride, however, it does nothing when I insert it into my USB port.

If the system is up to date, will it just ignore the Status Check? I have confirmed that the USB stick is readable and that the software was loaded. I have run the re-boot program from another thread successfully from the exact same stick, so I know it's not the stick. (it was wiped clean in between)

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

D!

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I am a new Edge owner (2011 AWD Limited) and want to be sure that my system is up to date. I have downloaded the SYNC Status Checker Tool from Sync My Ride, however, it does nothing when I insert it into my USB port.

If the system is up to date, will it just ignore the Status Check? I have confirmed that the USB stick is readable and that the software was loaded. I have run the re-boot program from another thread successfully from the exact same stick, so I know it's not the stick. (it was wiped clean in between)

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

D!

I'm also a new Edge owner (2012 Limited), and encountered the exact same thing you did. I inserted the USB drive just like the instructions noted, and nothing happened. I thought I had misread the instructions, so I went back to computer, reread the instructions, tried again, and nothing. I ultimately found a menu item that allowed me to install the Sync Status Checker Tool. Apparently it was successful, because it wrote back another file to the USB drive, which I ultimately used to "Report Successful Installations". I don't remember the details on what the menu item was, or exactly where it was. I do know it was on the Information Tab (I don't have navigation). I'll check if you need me to.

Hi dlebout.

When I first got my Edge a few months ago, I noticed the status checker was available and it was listed under "updates available". I downloaded it to a USB and installed it. It seemed to install in the

Edge OK but when I went back to the computer, I wasn't able to complete the "successful installation" follow-up on the Sync website.I was worried that I had a problem but I subsequently discovered that the status checker is only for use after an update has been installed by the owner. If you have not installed an update, the status checker has nothing to report back to Ford. Hope this sheds light on the matter.

2011 Ford Edge SEL/ MFT without Nav

• 4 months later...

I was able to get the status checker to work back in late 2009 or early 2010...but that's about it. I hate it when a legacy system like this gets no support. Bad move, Ford. This isn't an old cell phone that gets used up and thrown away when a new one comes out -- we're going to be driving these cars for years to come.

I wish that someone would come up with some kind of aftermarket support for this, sort of like a jailbreak or something.