Picking Up a New 2012 Edge Sport at Noon

zich6

It's a white demo with 3000 miles and is loaded. Loaded with some options that I'm not sure we would've gone for if we were ordering.

We've owned several Fords over the years including a '70 Pinto, 73 Pinto wagon, '91 Taurus SHO and a 2002 Focus SE wagon that the Edge will replace.

I've joined forums for most of the cars we've owned and have found them good places to learn and contribute. I plan to do that here, as well.

Tim

It's a white demo with 3000 miles and is loaded. Loaded with some options that I'm not sure we would've gone for if we were ordering.

We've owned several Fords over the years including a '70 Pinto, 73 Pinto wagon, '91 Taurus SHO and a 2002 Focus SE wagon that the Edge will replace.

I've joined forums for most of the cars we've owned and have found them good places to learn and contribute. I plan to do that here, as well.

Tim

Well, as Maxwell Smart says "Missed it by that much!" Deal was all done. Dealer drove me to the dealership for the pick-up, then they threw-in a $200 doc fee that was outside the fixed price + TTL. Sales manager refused to honor the deal, so I said no dice and asked for a ride home. They refused and I had to walk most of the way home before my wife picked me up.

Got the conglomerate president's e-mail address (18 franchies in 13 dealerships) sent an e-mail and within 1 hour got a call from the dealership general manager. We're working on a deal now, but they won't be making any money.

Wow that is low. They don't hold up their side of the deal and refuse to get you a ride home? Sorry to hear the deal went south but I guess it is better to know the dealer stinks before you buy and go for service. If they do give you the deal would you even bother? Things like that tend to make me stay far away. Just not worth the time.

Well, as Maxwell Smart says "Missed it by that much!" Deal was all done. Dealer drove me to the dealership for the pick-up, then they threw-in a $200 doc fee that was outside the fixed price + TTL. Sales manager refused to honor the deal, so I said no dice and asked for a ride home. They refused and I had to walk most of the way home before my wife picked me up.

Got the conglomerate president's e-mail address (18 franchies in 13 dealerships) sent an e-mail and within 1 hour got a call from the dealership general manager. We're working on a deal now, but they won't be making any money.

Sorry there is no way in hell I would buy from that particular dealer after that. If they act like that on the sale then I'd be afraid to find out what the service department experience would be... and you will surely be dealing with them for MFT updates.

Edited by Ridbidge

I agree with Ridbidge's comments. There are car deals everywhere, but the "out the door pricing" is not the only issue that you should dwell on. How you will be treated after the sale is what I always base my purchase. Dealers that would refuse to drive you home should never be in the business! It's normally the "after the sale" relationship is a true judge of an established dealership. Customer service is how many of the dealerships are rated by Ford. This dealship would get an 1 out of 10 in my rating survey. Don't look for trouble, find another deal!!

Sorry there is no way in hell I would buy from that particular dealer after that. If they act like that on the sale then I'd be afraid to find out what the service department experience would be... and you will surely be dealing with them for MFT updates.

why would you deal with the dealer for the mft updates? you go to syncmyride.com and do it yourself....

You all make good points, but I've run large organizations and know that one middle manager, however bad, doesn't neccessarily reflect the culture of the entire dealership in thiws case. If I had not been contacted after my e-mail, or if the general manager who contacted me also gave me attitude, I would really have had no choice but to put them on my "when hell freezes over" list. As it happens, that was not the case. The GM was very concilatory and has made concessions that will result in them losing serious money on the deal I expect to conclude this coming week.

Besides, as I get older I've learned to consider giving second chances to those who I think deserve it. When that 2nd chance could also benefit me thousands of dollars, the choice was clear. Not so incidently, the GM has offered to be my personal sales, service and parts point of contact, something that could prove to be invaluable.

I suggest you all consider one of my personal beliefs "when companies make mistakes that impact me, or my family, it should result in compensation and oportunity.

"