Which remote start kit?

My wife bought a slightly used 2010 Edge Limited late last year. From the time she bought it she has wanted remote start, so I am planning to let Santa bring it. A call to tge dealer yielded a $650 quote for an aftermarket unit they get a local car stereo place to install. He had no idea Ford even offered a kit. There are several on eBay, but I'd like to be sure I get tge right one. I'm or sure of tge differences/advantages to a 100 or 200 series. Am I correct that the plug and play unit won't fit? The car has Sync, navigation, etc already from tge factory. I'll be installing this myself, and yes I'm a mechanic with good electrical skills. I just need a little guidance and until Santa arrives I am forced to research from my phone since my wife is sneaky and checks the history on the desktop. :-) thanks in advance.

My understanding is that the 100 & 200 series only work on the 2011 and newer units.

My wife bought a slightly used 2010 Edge Limited late last year. From the time she bought it she has wanted remote start, so I am planning to let Santa bring it. A call to tge dealer yielded a $650 quote for an aftermarket unit they get a local car stereo place to install. He had no idea Ford even offered a kit. There are several on eBay, but I'd like to be sure I get tge right one. I'm or sure of tge differences/advantages to a 100 or 200 series. Am I correct that the plug and play unit won't fit? The car has Sync, navigation, etc already from tge factory. I'll be installing this myself, and yes I'm a mechanic with good electrical skills. I just need a little guidance and until Santa arrives I am forced to research from my phone since my wife is sneaky and checks the history on the desktop. :-) thanks in advance.

Check out these guys: http://www.partscheap.com/Ford-Edge-Electronic-Accessories-s/185.htm

It does list the 100 series as being compatible. I had contacted them a while back and they were extremely helpful so I am sure they would help you out too if you have questions/concerns.

I was going to purchase from them since they were so helpful but my local dealer wanted 160 bucks to program the kit and told me there were no guarantees. So by the time I bought the kit and paid them it was going to be about the same as just letting them do it. So Monday ours goes in for the install.

I also have a 2010 Edge Limited. I purchased the remote start kit off eBay. Be careful or you'll end up like me with no documentation.

I haven't been able to find enough documentation to do a complete install. There are only bits and pieces available on the internet.

Look for my post http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/8696-2010-edge-autostart/.

You'll see what I'm talking about! :banghead: