Where is HD button at?

Got a new 2011 SEL Edge. It has Intouch screen also the AM/FM, CD, Sirius Radio. I thought this also had HD radio. But when I go to the radio screen to turn it on I see the HD radio icon button but the button disappears after a second. So I do not believe it's activated. Is this a option the dealer has to activate? Or what? Has anybody had this done? Would appreciate any info on this subject. :D

Got a new 2011 SEL Edge. It has Intouch screen also the AM/FM, CD, Sirius Radio. I thought this also had HD radio. But when I go to the radio screen to turn it on I see the HD radio icon button but the button disappears after a second. So I do not believe it's activated. Is this a option the dealer has to activate? Or what? Has anybody had this done? Would appreciate any info on this subject. :D

HD radio doesn't need activation.

If the channel you are listening to is broadcasting in HD, you will be able to toggle the HD on & off.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long to reply but had other issues come up. After doing more research HD did not come on my vehicle. I do not have the sony system installed. It's the regular system that comes standard on the Edge. But like I said when I go the the stereo screen on the insync system a HD button does show itself for about a second then disappears. That the reason for the first question.

So I guess I'm stuck, the only other question I have is there any kind of plug and play device that would allow me to recieve HD broadcast? Don't want to go thru the hassle of swappng out the OEM stereo CD Sat. reciever.

Thanks