Front defroster

JOEHIO

Have had font defroster problems. I went out and bought a infrared thermometer, today was 48 outside, set the inside temp to 70 in auto mode, and got the following results. The passenger seat was 68, lower dash 68.7, floor register reading 74. I changed from "auto" mode to floor/defroster the floor read 73.7, defroster read 73 degrees. Then I changed it to front defroster only, and after about 30 seconds, the front defroster read ONLY 52 degrees. Would appreciate others input on this, the car is going to the deaker on Tuesday,m would like to give input to them from other people. My car is a 2012 MKX. At times, in auto mode, the air changes from fllor to vents, and it comes out a bit on the cooler side. I don't know if this is related to my lincoln touch, or a problem with the "blend door" ?

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

the defrost only is going to be cooler until operating temps are up, when the temp heats up the thermostat opens and allows hot "fluid"(coolant) generic term through the heater core, then turning into hot air psuhed out through the vents via the blower.

From your post, Im not sure Im seeing what the problem is? Have you taken the air temp at the defrost when the car is at normal operating temp?

From the original post he did mention the air temps coming out of the other vents was already at set point or a mix there of to reach it. So the vehicle was warmed up. As for additional data for you unformtunately I haven't noticed the issue you are talking about but I probably will now and I don't have a temp device to help..sorry.

From the original post he did mention the air temps coming out of the other vents was already at set point or a mix there of to reach it. So the vehicle was warmed up. As for additional data for you unformtunately I haven't noticed the issue you are talking about but I probably will now and I don't have a temp device to help..sorry.

incorrect there killer, the defrost will cycle cooler air until it is warmed up ( if you dont know why look up the theory and operation of the defrost operation in conjunction with the cycling of the ac compressor etc etc)

The vents for the floor and bi level will always blow warmer air faster as they are receiving the direct air from the warming of the engine and are not involved in the dehumidify process etc of the defrost

If the defrost read 52 deg the question is "how soon did it warm up" . It should have warmed up rather quickly.

regardless if there is a problem being an auto climate system it may very well be electronic related as a hard part or mechanical failure is rare.

hard to troubleshoot without touching the vehicle and or witnessing the fault. Good luck

OOOPS, I guess that I should have mentioned that I checked this after the car had been running for about 25 minutes - a trip to Pep Boys and back. The temp gauge on the dash had the needle at the 1/2 way mark, normal operating temp. Another quirk, is that I can start up in the morning, outside temp around 40, start driving, when the car warms up, the heat start coming out the floor vent, then within a minute or 2, it switches to coming out the center vents, and at a much cooler temp then from the floor register. I am not new to Fords climate control system, have had it since 1991 (92, '96, 98, 01 Tauruses, 93 SHO, '95 '02, '06 Explorers, ;05, '07 Five Hundreds, '09 MKS) all operated as expected. I understand that the air from any outlet will be cooler until the normal operating temp is reached, but after 25 minutes of running, I don't think that the temp shpuld drop down to 52 degrees when switched to front defrost only. Heck, with winter snows approaching, I don't think that I could get much snow to melt off the windshield with a temp of only 52 blowing on it