Remote Start/Climate Control

I purchased a 2011 Edge Limited last spring and had the dealer install a remote start for it shortly after. The weather was warmer then but this being the first winter with it I have come across issues controlling the climate with the remote starter. I had a 2008 Escape with a remote start where everything came on where you set it the night before but with the Edge you are suppose to put it on Auto and everything would turn on when remote started. Doesn't happen. It doesn't really heat up inside like it would manually and I have yet to see the mirrors and seat heaters come on, and this was at 19F. I have seen posts on the forum about being able to adjust settings on the Sync but there is nothing there to configure a remote starter. It was dealer installed not done at the factory. I really like the Edge but it would prevent me from keeping it when the lease is up or buying another one if this can't be corrected. Has anyone else come across and corrected these issues?