bluetooth add on. or......

Since the laws here in CA are changing which will require you to have some type of handsfree devce to talk on your phone while driving, I've been looking at several bluetooth devices to add. For me the Sync is nice but if it can be retrofitted into the '07's, at what cost. Yes it offers a whole mess of features, one being bluetooth, but I'm happy with what I have now and dont need to tell my car to "change the station"...lol. The mobile-ease adds too much to the dash for me from what i seen in the pics, i'm looking for something that can be mounted around the center stack and will be for the most part out of sight and next to my hand as i usually rest my arm on the center stack. Right now im deciding between the Motorola IHF1000 and the Parrot CK3000. I do like the look of the IHF1000 better but my audio guy told be the parrot is better in quality. Also the IHF1000 use a external speaker where as the CK3000 use's the cars speakers. Thats the only major difference in features. Im not a fan of those ear things, so thats out.

Has anyone else installed anything besides the Mobile-ease from Ford?

If so what?

How is the Quality?

Where did ya get it?

How much was unit and install?

Take a look at the two and let me know what ya think.

IHF1000

parrot CK3000

:reading:

Edited by spyhunter

Since the laws here in CA are changing which will require you to have some type of handsfree devce to talk on your phone while driving, I've been looking at several bluetooth devices to add. For me the Sync is nice but if it can be retrofitted into the '07's, at what cost. Yes it offers a whole mess of features, one being bluetooth, but I'm happy with what I have now and dont need to tell my car to "change the station"...lol. The mobile-ease adds too much to the dash for me from what i seen in the pics, i'm looking for something that can be mounted around the center stack and will be for the most part out of sight and next to my hand as i usually rest my arm on the center stack. Right now im deciding between the Motorola IHF1000 and the Parrot CK3000. I do like the look of the IHF1000 better but my audio guy told be the parrot is better in quality. Also the IHF1000 use a external speaker where as the CK3000 use's the cars speakers. Thats the only major difference in features. Im not a fan of those ear things, so thats out.

Has anyone else installed anything besides the Mobile-ease from Ford?

If so what?

How is the Quality?

Where did ya get it?

How much was unit and install?

Take a look at the two and let me know what ya think.

IHF1000

parrot CK3000

We got the ford Mobile -ease, love it. Once you take the time to understand the system its great! Better than my 60K 06'Audi A6. More easily adaptable to various cell phones. Bluetooth is not Bluetooth, the Audi would only work with a few phones. This cost about 500.00 installed from "Galpin", the worlds largest Ford dealership, I had to tell them it was an available plug and play option. They knew nothing about it. All said an done a great add for anyone especially a Cali driver.

I have the mobile ease and I love it! The sound quality is great and it is sooo easy to use. I have it installed in a nice place too, in the blank spot somewhat behind the steering wheel to the left of the center cluster (I hope I explained that right). The mic is installed at the very top most corner part of my windshield (not on the headliner or the plastic column next to it). If you look at the very top, there is a bit of tint and it is concealed by that.

My husband works at a dealer, so I am not sure how much it cost. He also installed it himself, so unfortunately I can't help with that either :wacko: