Power steering issues

With my 2007 edge I'm having an issue with the power steering system. It is just sluggish when making ultra low speed turns, like into a parking stall for example. Nothinig wrong with the system, fluid is up and no leaks at all. Could be a steering pump on its last legs I guess. Just was wondering if anyone recently has been having this same problem or knows a solution, or if it's just the way it is. I replied to topic I found recently but it was dated 2009 so not that current. Just wanting to get a fresh one out there and see if anyone has any answers. Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am a regional sales rep and log a lot of miles and just turned 49k this week just a week past my one year buy date of my 2010 Edge SEL. I bought my 2010 Edge used with only 17k miles and began noticing the problem at around 30m miles and took it to my nearby dealer at around 34k with an intermittent but significant vibration in steering, especially when moving forward or backwards at low speed - as in when I'm going into or backing out of a parking space. They at first couldn’t duplicate the issue until I drove it with two of their techs and they immediately noticed the issue with me at the wheel, contacted Ford and they had them replace the power steering pump. It was somewhat better but now is much worse and of course my warranty has expired. There reply after test driving another Edge is “it is a typical character for the Edge.” My claim is this is bogus and there is definitely a bigger issue. I am now also having a noticeable popping noise from both shocks, especially when turning or going over bumps while turning at speeds under 20mph and will be looking and asking for help within the forum on this today.

• 2 months later...

I am too a regional sales rep and log a lot of miles. my 2010 SEL AWD started having vibration in steering at 70,000 km. When I took it in I was told I needed a new tierod. Got that replaced and still had the same issue. I was then told I needed new tires so I replaced them(I did need them though) Still have the vibration at low speeds backing out of drive way or pulling into parking stall. Well today at 112,000km I was told it is a faulty pressure valve in my rack and pinion. The only way for them to fix this is replace the system at $2200. I am leary to pay and replace this after I thought the $1000 paid on a tie rod would fix it. I am not sure what to do next as I am afraid this wont fix the problem and I will be putting more money into this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...