Trade in value?

Hi, I have been thinking of trading in my 2008 Sel Fwd Edge. Just wondering if someone could give me an accurate estimate for Ontario, Canada. I have been getting as low as $12000. It has DVD player, mint cond. 41000 kms. Seems like someones trying to get a steal from me. I think it's worth more since it has such low Kms. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have been thinking of trading in my 2008 Sel Fwd Edge. Just wondering if someone could give me an accurate estimate for Ontario, Canada. I have been getting as low as $12000. It has DVD player, mint cond. 41000 kms. Seems like someones trying to get a steal from me. I think it's worth more since it has such low Kms. Thanks in advance.

It's only worth more if the dealers think they can sell it. If that is a popular vehicle and color and there aren't many in stock you'll get more. If the dealer already has 5 on the lot just like it then he doesn't need it.

Understand that the dealer doesn't need your trade-in - they can go to the auction and get all the cars they need (again unless that specific vehicle is in high demand and short supply) so don't blame them for lowballing you. Best you can do is just get several quotes and if all the offers are low then that tells you something.

If you don't like the offer then you'll have to sell it yourself.

It's only worth more if the dealers think they can sell it. If that is a popular vehicle and color and there aren't many in stock you'll get more. If the dealer already has 5 on the lot just like it then he doesn't need it.

Understand that the dealer doesn't need your trade-in - they can go to the auction and get all the cars they need (again unless that specific vehicle is in high demand and short supply) so don't blame them for lowballing you. Best you can do is just get several quotes and if all the offers are low then that tells you something.

If you don't like the offer then you'll have to sell it yourself.

[/quote

Also depends on how bad they want to sell the new one.

Hi as a fellow canadian the website I used to help me get an estimate on my trade on my previous edge was canadianblackbook.com I found this website was a good tool for me. This is the website I used to get a trade in estimate for my 2010 edge when we upgraded to a 2011 edge. From my own personal experience it can be a little daunting at first but I went to a dealer across the city and got more than my estimate for my trade in. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Edited by edge9998

Also depends on how bad they want to sell the new one.

Not if you've already made the best deal you can on the new one. Anything above and beyond what the used car mgr wants to pay for the vehicle has to come out of the new car profit. That's why it's better to make your best deal on the new vehicle before adding the trade-in to the mix - that way they can't play games and make you think you're getting a better deal than you really are.