$35,841 + TTL - How Did I Do?

madspaz

After searching for my next car for nearly a year; I went for the Ford Edge Sport. I paid $35,841 + TTL after all rebates. Here is the packages

Black 2012 Ford Edge Sport

- Pano Roof

- Nav

- Entry Package

- Vision Package

I also paid $199 for 5 years worth of tire & rim road hazard protection and $149 for 3 years or 36,000 miles of scheduled maintenance. I paid cash for those packages and financed the Edge and taxes at 3.89% through Ford (60 month). I wanted to use my own bank who approved me at 2.9% but the price spiked more than the interest savings when I tried to get away from Ford Financing (e.g. turned out better to go through ford with a slightly higher APR vs. lower APR).

So; how did I do?

And yeah, just read that Ford Cash thread... I never requested the brochure...

After searching for my next car for nearly a year; I went for the Ford Edge Sport. I paid $35,841 + TTL after all rebates. Here is the packages

Black 2012 Ford Edge Sport

- Pano Roof

- Nav

- Entry Package

- Vision Package

I also paid $199 for 5 years worth of tire & rim road hazard protection and $149 for 3 years or 36,000 miles of scheduled maintenance. I paid cash for those packages and financed the Edge and taxes at 3.89% through Ford (60 month). I wanted to use my own bank who approved me at 2.9% but the price spiked more than the interest savings when I tried to get away from Ford Financing (e.g. turned out better to go through ford with a slightly higher APR vs. lower APR).

So; how did I do?

And yeah, just read that Ford Cash thread... I never requested the brochure...

Nice! Did you do AWD or FWD? I am new to the forum so I am wondering about pricing as well. Interest rate isn't bad at 60 months plus financing with Ford gets you the extra rebate.

Nice! Did you do AWD or FWD? I am new to the forum so I am wondering about pricing as well. Interest rate isn't bad at 60 months plus financing with Ford gets you the extra rebate.

FWD. It has allot of torque steer; but the AWD version adds another $1k to the price. Before you buy be sure to request a brochure. I hear they give out $750 coupons to use towards the purchase. I didn't know that when I picked mine up.

you did pretty good but you can do better by taking the purchase agreement to your bank and have them refinance it @ the 2.9% you were pre-approved for. win-win for you, you got the extra ford rebate and lower interest rate. i did this.

Yes; its another $250 or so off the price if I pay out the full 60 payments.

you did pretty good but you can do better by taking the purchase agreement to your bank and have them refinance it @ the 2.9% you were pre-approved for. win-win for you, you got the extra ford rebate and lower interest rate. i did this.

I did too with mine. I originally financed at 5% for 72 months through Ford to get the $1000 cash back savings. Then refinanced for 2.9% for same term at my credit union.

Edited by jmbreeze23