Just bought my Edge

DBLTD

Happy to be joining the forum. We just made a deal tonight on a new Edge for my wife. It's a 2012 Edge Limited in White Platinum with black leather, 301 package and Ecoboost. It's a couple hundred miles away so we'll probably be picking it up Monday. They had an identical 2013 on the lot but there just weren't enough incentives to make a deal. We were supposed to be seeing a Toyota Venza tonight as well but the Edge was our first choice, and as I expected, they didn't want us to leave the lot without making a deal. Our only hesitation was some of the bad reviews on the MyFord touch system but hopefully the new update is all they say. Funny enough, the system locked up on us about halfway through our test drive. They say most dealers have recieved all thier upgrade kits so I'm hoping ours is already done or at least comes with the kit. Can't wait to pick it up!

Happy to be joining the forum. We just made a deal tonight on a new Edge for my wife. It's a 2012 Edge Limited in White Platinum with black leather, 301 package and Ecoboost. It's a couple hundred miles away so we'll probably be picking it up Monday. They had an identical 2013 on the lot but there just weren't enough incentives to make a deal. We were supposed to be seeing a Toyota Venza tonight as well but the Edge was our first choice, and as I expected, they didn't want us to leave the lot without making a deal. Our only hesitation was some of the bad reviews on the MyFord touch system but hopefully the new update is all they say. Funny enough, the system locked up on us about halfway through our test drive. They say most dealers have recieved all thier upgrade kits so I'm hoping ours is already done or at least comes with the kit. Can't wait to pick it up!

Finally picked up our new Edge last night. What a nice vehicle! I test drove a Cadillac SRX a few weeks ago and the Edge is much smoother and quieter IMO.

The SRX definitely seemed underpowered compared to the Edge and MKX. It was a nice car feature wise, and the only one in GM's lineup that can even come close to the Edge and MKX feature-wise, but the engine was very unresponsive and almost sounded like it was straining to get up to speed on the freeway. I really wanted the MKX, but couldn't justify paying $80 a month more (plus an extra year) once I optioned it to the same level as my Edge.