Hello

sranger

I am currently trying to decide on a new vehicle and the Ford Edge seems to be the front runner. I currently own two other fords and know that their quility has greatly improved over the last several years. As a matter of fact I have owned 5 fords in the last ten years...

I want a new small SUV type vehicle to replace my current 2005 Mercury Mariner. It is my company car and it has to meet several requirments that the Edge seems to do well. I also recently sold my 2000 F150 truck and need somthing that can tow a small fishing boat and utility trailer. The Mariner can tow the stuff ok ( also rated for 3500lb ) but lack of AWD can make a slippery boat ramp a little bit of a challenge. Also, I am 6'-4" tall and the little Mariner is not the most comfortable vehicle for me. The lack of a telescoping steering wheel is very annoying on long trips...

I'll most likely go with a SLE Plus with the vista roof and leather interior with the upgraded Sound system and of course the towing package. Fortunately, I can live with the Mariner for another year or so to let the new wear off the Edge so that I can get a better price....

I am also considering the Toyota Rav4 V6, Hundai Santa Fe, and the Mazda CX-9....

I just wanted to say hello, I my be asking you guys more questions in the future...

• 2 weeks later...
I am currently trying to decide on a new vehicle and the Ford Edge seems to be the front runner. I currently own two other fords and know that their quility has greatly improved over the last several years. As a matter of fact I have owned 5 fords in the last ten years...

I want a new small SUV type vehicle to replace my current 2005 Mercury Mariner. It is my company car and it has to meet several requirments that the Edge seems to do well. I also recently sold my 2000 F150 truck and need somthing that can tow a small fishing boat and utility trailer. The Mariner can tow the stuff ok ( also rated for 3500lb ) but lack of AWD can make a slippery boat ramp a little bit of a challenge. Also, I am 6'-4" tall and the little Mariner is not the most comfortable vehicle for me. The lack of a telescoping steering wheel is very annoying on long trips...

I'll most likely go with a SLE Plus with the vista roof and leather interior with the upgraded Sound system and of course the towing package. Fortunately, I can live with the Mariner for another year or so to let the new wear off the Edge so that I can get a better price....

I am also considering the Toyota Rav4 V6, Hundai Santa Fe, and the Mazda CX-9....

I just wanted to say hello, I my be asking you guys more questions in the future...

:rockon: Check out the entry level MKX, I think it has the options you want in the edge and more... Not much more $ than a loaded up Edge. That's what I'm looking into anyway.