Tow Package Question

I have an '07 SEL+ AWD, and it has the optional tow package. My question is: should there be a connecting cable included with the car? My prior Ford tow packages on a couple of different Explorers came with a connecting cable to be used between the connector on the vehicle and the trailer. I've had a couple of other items missing from the vehicle that I had to pry out of the dealer (Nav system DVD and owner's manual, for example) so I just want to be sure I've got all the things I should.

Thanks for any info.

Pete in Virginia

Most likely it's there, it's just takes some hunting. It is not what I expected anyhow with the bundle of colored wires. From the rear of the car, it is pointing down from the bumper to the left of the receiver. It is covered with a plastic cap as well. Actually, once you see it, it is kind of slick how they did it.

Most likely it's there, it's just takes some hunting. It is not what I expected anyhow with the bundle of colored wires. From the rear of the car, it is pointing down from the bumper to the left of the receiver. It is covered with a plastic cap as well. Actually, once you see it, it is kind of slick how they did it.

Ya.. it's a standard 4 pin plug like DJ Starr said. No "pig-tail" for other type trailer plugs.

Bryce