getting roof rack/rails for an Edge that wasn't equipped

We just bought a AWD SEL Plus tonight and it is a very nice vehicle. The only option we wanted that was not installed was the OE roof rack. I inquired about adding it on and the accessories person was not very knowledgeable. Surprisingly, none of their customers have asked about this before so they had no idea how much or what it takes. Has anyone added this or know much about adding a rack? Thanks.

We just bought a AWD SEL Plus tonight and it is a very nice vehicle. The only option we wanted that was not installed was the OE roof rack. I inquired about adding it on and the accessories person was not very knowledgeable. Surprisingly, none of their customers have asked about this before so they had no idea how much or what it takes. Has anyone added this or know much about adding a rack? Thanks.

Since the standard car does not come with roof rails I have to believe that these can be installed by the dealer in pre-drilled holes under the plastic moulding of the car. I am a cylist too but made sure to order the car with the rails. I bet that Yakima and Thule will have a kit that screws into the factory holes soon. I'd check with them too since this may allow the trays to be installed closer to the roof.