Edge legroom over Fusion/Taurus/500

MTEDGE

I currrently drive a 2006 Taurus. Helped convince my Dad to get a 2007 Edge SEL+. (Dune Pearl no BAMR) I want a 2008 Edge Limited Vapor Silver with the Premium Leather (Charcoal Black with RED) and 20 inch tires and all the options except Navigation and DVD. Why though does the Edge seem so much more comfortable to drive especially the legroom when it supposedly has less legroom than the Taurus and Fusion? I know the EDGE has the telescope steering column but that in itself does not make it more roomy. Anyway I am on my 4th Taurus (if I am a passenger in the front of my car my legs rub the dash in the EDGE I have several inches to spare.

I currrently drive a 2006 Taurus. Helped convince my Dad to get a 2007 Edge SEL+. (Dune Pearl no BAMR) I want a 2008 Edge Limited Vapor Silver with the Premium Leather (Charcoal Black with RED) and 20 inch tires and all the options except Navigation and DVD. Why though does the Edge seem so much more comfortable to drive especially the legroom when it supposedly has less legroom than the Taurus and Fusion? I know the EDGE has the telescope steering column but that in itself does not make it more roomy. Anyway I am on my 4th Taurus (if I am a passenger in the front of my car my legs rub the dash in the EDGE I have several inches to spare.

Any comments out there on how Ford measures legroom?

Any comments out there on how Ford measures legroom?

I would say driving position has a lot to do with it. I believe the seats sit a little higher (from the floor) than the F/T/500. Also, the seats are well designed and very comfortable. It all adds up to a very comfortable vehicle to drive and ride in. I've only driven ours 3 times since it was purchased...my wife won't give it up. I've never seen a woman so excited over a vehicle. If she's happy, then I'm happy. Peace...Bullitt.