Black Screen of death....:(

So I tried to go out this morning and back out of the driveway and i just happened to be putting it in reverse while the sync was "performing scheduled maintenance" and after the back up camera didnt come on i put it back in park and tried to let it do its thing. NO such Luck :(....All it will do is is try to perform the scheduled maintenance reset and then a really quick error box pops up that i cant even see. and then the ford emblem thing comes up and then it goes black....Anyone else had this issue?...I tried taking out the 29 fuse but no luck. Any help would be great. Ill try and post a video later.

This is exactly what happened to my wife's brand new Explorer. Fuse 29 is no good for this. We brought it back to the dealer and they had to re-flash MFT. It was done in an hour and a half. No issues since.

thnkx edgie im gonna try and take it tommorow....It also throws an error message up unbelievably fast but i did catch a few shots of it it says "application error" and something about it has encountered a serious error and has to shut down...ill try and attach them

post-15229-077504100 1303698061_thumb.jpg

post-15229-079556500 1303698080_thumb.jpg

So I tried to go out this morning and back out of the driveway and i just happened to be putting it in reverse while the sync was "performing scheduled maintenance" and after the back up camera didnt come on i put it back in park and tried to let it do its thing. NO such Luck :(....All it will do is is try to perform the scheduled maintenance reset and then a really quick error box pops up that i cant even see. and then the ford emblem thing comes up and then it goes black....Anyone else had this issue?...I tried taking out the 29 fuse but no luck. Any help would be great. Ill try and post a video later.

That doesn't sound too fun at all.

I had issues this weekend but nothing to that level. Fuse pull fixed my issue though. What version are you on? Maybe it's time to get v2.8?

That doesn't sound too fun at all.

I had issues this weekend but nothing to that level. Fuse pull fixed my issue though. What version are you on? Maybe it's time to get v2.8?

So the dealership called and said it need a new apim...anyone else had this replaced after only 1300 miles? Do you think this is a good thing or will it now have other bugs due to this?

So the dealership called and said it need a new apim...anyone else had this replaced after only 1300 miles? Do you think this is a good thing or will it now have other bugs due to this?

This is a good thing.

I'd be concerned about the dealership's tech that tried to update your system resulting in a "bricked" apim

This is a good thing.

I'd be concerned about the dealership's tech that tried to update your system resulting in a "bricked" apim

yep thats why i drove 50 miles to Pacifico Ford in philly to return to my home dealer....the one in kutztown pa was horrible....they finally got the part in today after almost a week in a rental car im ready for my edge back :)

thnkx edgie im gonna try and take it tommorow....It also throws an error message up unbelievably fast but i did catch a few shots of it it says "application error" and something about it has encountered a serious error and has to shut down...ill try and attach them

WOW!!

Those are great shots of the windows errors. I don't think they have ever been captured before

• 4 weeks later...

WOW!!

Those are great shots of the windows errors. I don't think they have ever been captured before

I took a shot also. The continuous reboot starting happening after 2 months (2000 miles). Dealer will have to replace APIM module (week to get the part)

I think it says post-15399-0-06799300-1306794883_thumb.jpg "Application vca_app.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down."

• 3 years later...

In case any one else is wondering, the vca_app is the Voice Command Audio application. It builds voice commands from the audio devices you have connected to the system (so you can say "Play Elvis Presley" and it knows what to do.) If any of your audio tracks contain certain characters which the VCA_App can't handle, it fails with this serious error. Unfortunately, the only solution I've found is to remove the tracks from your device or rename them on your computer.

Edited by Kyle Hale