Hit carpet on hiway, scuffed 22" wheels

Hi detailers,

So this dude cuts in front of me close to the end of the exit ramp and then proceeds to hit a piece of carpet, or sheep skin rug or something, and since he's so close to me it comes out from under his car so quick I can only get left enough so my two right tires hit it. No problem right? Then I goto wash the car and see these, what look like scuff or whip marks on both wheels and a little on the clear bra air dam, but I'm not worried about the bra.

I took a wet terri cloth towel and rubbed the marks with medium pressure and they did seem to lessen but from the pics you can see they are still there.

Wondering if there's a way to buff/polish out what look like less then a scratch on the Sport wheels w/o being too noticable? Or because its a painted wheel, I'm screwed? Thanks in advance.

post-23904-0-86737100-1411166151_thumb.jpg

post-23904-0-78043900-1411166154_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to close this out. I ended up being rear ended at a stop light a few days after posting this. It was just minor damage but while Edge was being repaired the body shop wheel guy took a light polisher to the wheels and those marks came right out. So I'd say WWWPerfA_ZN0W solution would have worked just fine too.

Thanks.