Sony Center Stack: Form Over Function

Long time viewer but first time poster. I’ve got a 2013 Edge with the Sony center stack. While it looks nice it is difficult to use because it is a lot of little buttons presented in a high-tech minimalist fashion. The most difficult aspect of this is that it has a lot of buttons that all look the same because they are all backlit in the same color. When using this you have to think about what you are going to do before you actually attempt to do it. For example, the temperature control buttons look the same except for a “+” or “-“. In order to make the temperature more or less of what I want I have to think I want it cooler so that means “-“, look for the “-“ button, then aim for it and try to change the temperature. This is kind of a pain.

My question is, is it possible to remove the cover to the Sony center stack and tint the “-“ blue and the “+” red so that those colors display on the center stack? This would make things a bit easier.

Thanks.

Thanks for the response and good question. The reason is I am too lazy. I want it done with one action and not finding the input screen, entering the portion that allows changes, pushing the button to change the temperature multiple times, then pushing "Ok". There may bee too many "Oks" in that last sentence.

I've done it that way before but it is simply easier to operate off of the center stack controls. This may become a science project.

Thanks for the response and good question. The reason is I am too lazy. I want it done with one action and not finding the input screen, entering the portion that allows changes, pushing the button to change the temperature multiple times, then pushing "Ok". There may bee too many "Oks" in that last sentence.

I've done it that way before but it is simply easier to operate off of the center stack controls. This may become a science project.

On my Fusion I leave the right hand screen on climate control so you only have to use the up or down buttons on the D-pad. It isn't really useful for much else most of the time.