Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

1A intelligent access 2 stage Rear door will no longer unlock.

2012 edge ltd intelligent acc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kwmck

Kwmck

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:05 AM

2012 LTD R rear door stopped opening on 2nd pull of front door handle & 1A key is within 3 fee of door. All doors lock when pressing the exterior bump of F door handle. 

It used to be that when I approached the locked vehicle, first pull on L Front door handle unlocked the L front door, and the second pull then unlocked the rear door. (that is one of the advantages of the 1A Intelligent Access key)

Could this have anything to do with the R Rear door ajar sensor? 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,663 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

There should be a menu setting for driver's door or all unlock. I don't recall 2 stage unlock ever working with the door handle.

#3 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,470 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:52 AM

Yes 2 stage does work with door handle. With All doors unlock option selected, all doors will unlock when a driver's door is opened (via intelligent access).

If only driver door unlock is selected, only it will unlock. Opening front passenger side door always opens all doors.

#4 OFFLINE   Kwmck

Kwmck

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

Since Oct 2012, when I approached the locked vehicle, with the 1A within 3 feet, 1st pull always unlocked driver door, 2nd pull unlocked L rear & remaining doors. What would cause it to stop that process? 

Scenario: As i approach my 2012 Edge, I have my hands full of items to load into my locked vehicle through the L rear door. My 1A key is in my pocket. I touch the inside of the L driver door handle and it unlocks, with the 2nd subsequent touch of the inside of the L driver door handle opens all other doors. "This is the way it has worked since new!

Something has changed to stop this process. What? 

#5 OFFLINE   Kwmck

Kwmck

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:02 AM

Yes 2 stage does work with door handle. With All doors unlock option selected, all doors will unlock when a driver's door is opened (via intelligent access).

If only driver door unlock is selected, only it will unlock. Opening front passenger side door always opens all doors.

Yes, 2 stage does work with door handle. I had Driver door option selected, and with 2 stage, I was able to open the driver door with first pull (touch) on door handle, and open all doors with second pull (touch) on door handle. 

This feature stopped working a few weeks ago, and I am now wondering if it has something to do with the"Rear Left Door Ajar" false  warning that I have just started to see over this time period. 

#6 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,663 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:40 AM

I'd say that's a good possibility if you didn't get any other software updates in the meantime.

#7 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:33 AM

I tried setting mine to 2 stage to test, only the driver's door unlocks no matter how many times I pull or touch the door handle.

Edited by omar302, 13 October 2016 - 09:34 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   Kwmck

Kwmck

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

I tried setting mine to 2 stage to test, only the driver's door unlocks no matter how many times I pull or touch the door handle.

Since new, (Oct 2011) my 12 LTD (loaded) has always been as I described above. I would call that 2 stage!  Did I have one of a kind??

#9 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:35 PM

The 2 stage unlock is supposed to be with key fob unlock button, 1 press unlocks the driver's door & the 2nd press opens the balance doors. Same goes for the keypad. It is the first time I heard of it working as you described, but it would have been very convenient if my car worked the same way. Hope you you figure it out, Sometimes a battery disconnect, resetting the electronics helps sort them out, might want to try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users