1A intelligent access 2 stage Rear door will no longer unlock.

2012 LTD R rear door stopped opening on 2nd pull of front door handle & 1A key is within 3 fee of door. All doors lock when pressing the exterior bump of F door handle.

It used to be that when I approached the locked vehicle, first pull on L Front door handle unlocked the L front door, and the second pull then unlocked the rear door. (that is one of the advantages of the 1A Intelligent Access key)

Could this have anything to do with the R Rear door ajar sensor?

Yes 2 stage does work with door handle. With All doors unlock option selected, all doors will unlock when a driver's door is opened (via intelligent access).

If only driver door unlock is selected, only it will unlock. Opening front passenger side door always opens all doors.

Since Oct 2012, when I approached the locked vehicle, with the 1A within 3 feet, 1st pull always unlocked driver door, 2nd pull unlocked L rear & remaining doors. What would cause it to stop that process?

Scenario: As i approach my 2012 Edge, I have my hands full of items to load into my locked vehicle through the L rear door. My 1A key is in my pocket. I touch the inside of the L driver door handle and it unlocks, with the 2nd subsequent touch of the inside of the L driver door handle opens all other doors. "This is the way it has worked since new!

Something has changed to stop this process. What?

Yes 2 stage does work with door handle. With All doors unlock option selected, all doors will unlock when a driver's door is opened (via intelligent access).

If only driver door unlock is selected, only it will unlock. Opening front passenger side door always opens all doors.

Yes, 2 stage does work with door handle. I had Driver door option selected, and with 2 stage, I was able to open the driver door with first pull (touch) on door handle, and open all doors with second pull (touch) on door handle.

This feature stopped working a few weeks ago, and I am now wondering if it has something to do with the"Rear Left Door Ajar" false warning that I have just started to see over this time period.

I tried setting mine to 2 stage to test, only the driver's door unlocks no matter how many times I pull or touch the door handle.

Since new, (Oct 2011) my 12 LTD (loaded) has always been as I described above. I would call that 2 stage! Did I have one of a kind??

The 2 stage unlock is supposed to be with key fob unlock button, 1 press unlocks the driver's door & the 2nd press opens the balance doors. Same goes for the keypad. It is the first time I heard of it working as you described, but it would have been very convenient if my car worked the same way. Hope you you figure it out, Sometimes a battery disconnect, resetting the electronics helps sort them out, might want to try it.