Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Ford Edge ST Forum Here

Photo
- - - - -

Changing the rear wiper arm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,978 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:12 AM

Went the Advance Auto to get a replacement rear wiper blade. Had the clerk look up the number (they live for that) and he grabbed the last one on the rack. Paid and he asked if I would like for them to put it on. Said sure, he popped the old one off and tried to get the new one on. Pressed and pressed and it refused to go on. Finally I tried and noticed that it was the wrong blade (post that clips onto the arm was about twice as thick as oem). So in the process, he distorted the clip on the arm so that the center stud no longer fastened (the blade stayed in place by the spring pressure). So I had to replace the arm.
Got a new arm and thought that I'd pop off the arm, no sweat. If you have never done this, it does not come off. Used a wheel puller; nada. If anyone ever needs to remove this arm, the only way to get it off is to use a Dremnel with a cutoff blade. I made two cuts on opposite sides all the way to the metal stud. The back of the arm popped off, but the damn arm with over half the back part cut off still refused to come off. Used a gear puller and finally it came free.

Edited by enigma-2, 07 January 2017 - 12:17 AM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and omar302 like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,164 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

Wow! So if a wheel and gear puller are not in my tool chest, it's a trip to harbor freight.
  • macbwt likes this

#3 OFFLINE   FR200FOCUS

FR200FOCUS

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

Crazy! Please tell me there is a happy ending to this sad story and the parts guy paid for the new arm assembly.

#4 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

Crazy! Please tell me there is a happy ending to this sad story and the parts guy paid for the new arm assembly.

I let it go. The blade was misboxed in the store (probably some kid messing around) and parts guy was acting in good faith.

#5 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Wow! So if a wheel and gear puller are not in my tool chest, it's a trip to harbor freight.

No man should go through life without a Dremal. It's like, trying to fix something without duct tape or WD-40.
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users