Changing the rear wiper arm

Went the Advance Auto to get a replacement rear wiper blade. Had the clerk look up the number (they live for that) and he grabbed the last one on the rack. Paid and he asked if I would like for them to put it on. Said sure, he popped the old one off and tried to get the new one on. Pressed and pressed and it refused to go on. Finally I tried and noticed that it was the wrong blade (post that clips onto the arm was about twice as thick as oem). So in the process, he distorted the clip on the arm so that the center stud no longer fastened (the blade stayed in place by the spring pressure). So I had to replace the arm.

Got a new arm and thought that I'd pop off the arm, no sweat. If you have never done this, it does not come off. Used a wheel puller; nada. If anyone ever needs to remove this arm, the only way to get it off is to use a Dremnel with a cutoff blade. I made two cuts on opposite sides all the way to the metal stud. The back of the arm popped off, but the damn arm with over half the back part cut off still refused to come off. Used a gear puller and finally it came free.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...