Low oil pressure light on...

shumax

The TC looked fine to me. The tech even commented it looked ok, but it was mated in such a way that it caused damage. I tagged out on it in my mind, at that point, sort of frustrated with all that's been going on and didn't want to be a toad to the tech over it. I plan to stop by tomorrow to see how it's coming along.

It went in on 9/10 and it's still in surgery. What a process Ford puts them through to validate the repair. It's really only been since Monday that they had the engine.

Shumax

• Like 1

Got the vehicle back this morning. Only drove it two miles from the dealer to work. Other than the inside being dirty from someone eating inside it, as well as having mud on their pants, it seems fine. Will be driving it more in the next few days.

They told me no break-in needed. Just change the oil at 3,000 miles. Any thoughts?

Shumax

• Like 1

Definitely let it see a variety of conditions, low, mid, high speed etc. Varying throttle rates. Don't treat it like you are trying to win the Indy 500 and you should be OK. I think Ford says first 1,000 miles in the manual, so if you want you can change the oil then.

BREAKING-IN
You need to break in new tires for
approximately 300 miles (480
kilometers). During this time, your vehicle
may exhibit some unusual driving
characteristics.
Avoid driving too fast during the first 1000
miles (1600 kilometers). Vary your speed
frequently and change up through the
gears early. Do not labor the engine.
Do not tow during the first 1000 miles
(1600 kilometers).

• Like 1

Drove it 100 miles so far. Starts and runs fine. Does "smell" like a new car - an odd sensation given it has 19,500 miles. We need to drive it more to be sure; however, so far, it seems ok. Will change the oil at 3k and will vary the driving conditions along the way. Overall, very happy with my dealer. I'm not sure how to feel about Ford. I had $400 of a rental on me before my dealer stepped in. Ford CS was complete BS. I called and pled my case 4 times; they blew me off each time. I'm a repeat buyer, but doubt I will be in the future. That said, they put a new engine in the car. Then again, they were obligated given what happened. Should I be happy about that? I don't think so. I think I should be accepting of it - that's what the warranty is for. My dealer is what made this better. I wish they sold more than Ford because, right now, I'm not interested in another car from Ford in the future. The entire process has jaded me and caused me to hate seeing the vehicle every time I walk in our garage. Time will heal that, I am sure. I'm just glad it's done and seems to be going the right direction...

Shumax

Actually, that's not correct. I bought it from a dealer that represents Ford, too - it was a mega dealer. If I had bought it direct from Ford, they would not have cared as they told me that three times when I inquired. Without extended care (ESP), no rental is provided - even as "goodwill." That's their policy. Only when my dealer got involved would they cover it...

Edited by shumax

Actually, that's not correct. I bought it from a dealer that represents Ford, too - it was a mega dealer. If I had bought it direct from Ford, they would not have cared as they told me that three times when I inquired. Without extended care (ESP), no rental is provided - even as "goodwill." That's their policy. Only when my dealer got involved would they cover it...

It doesn't matter whether the dealer is a Ford dealer or not - even a Ford dealer is an independent business completely separate from Ford. They sell and service Ford vehicles but Ford has no say in how they run their business. It's a common misconception because Ford is on the sign.

The point about not buying it from Ford had nothing to do with where you bought it. The first time a vehicle is sold Ford gets the profit. After that they don't get a dime and they're not involved - it's a used car transaction between a buyer and a dealer that doesn't benefit Ford at all. In fact you could say it hurts Ford because you bought a used vehicle instead of a new vehicle.

You are correct that it doesn't matter where you bought it as far as getting warranty service and you're correct that you don't get a rental without the ESP coverage. You can purchase ESP coverage any time during the initial 3/36K warranty period.

Also you don't know what the previous owner did to the vehicle the first 10K miles, so I don't think it's quite fair to blame Ford for anything.

Are you kidding me? Haha. The first major engine repair occurred at 9,000 miles. The second, with me, at 19,500. There is no plausible reasoning for that kind of performance. I will gladly blame Ford for that, thank you.

Oh yea - prior owners? 70 years old. I highly doubt they contributed to the engines demise...

If the dealer repair wasn't done correctly and that lead to the subsequent failure, then that's the dealership's fault. Ford is still responsible from a warranty standpoint and responsible for the initial problem but the dealership also bears a large portion of the blame in this case (if I'm reading it correctly) for the second failure and the engine replacement.

What if the oil was changed at 3K or 5K miles and the wrong oil was used? You simply don't know what happened in the first 10K miles, regardless of how unlikely it might have been.

You are comical. Wrong oil weight would not cause that sort of an issue in 9,000 miles. I've been around engines long enough to know that. There is no way. I mean, seriously. If you were in my shoes, you'd feel a similar way. Because you aren't there, don't defend it. Your pontificating on behalf of Ford is ridiculous. Ford has an issue with the 2.7 Eco motor; it's a well known issue across the F150 and Fusion forums. This isn't a "one off" issue. There is no way poor treatment on the part of the prior owner contributed to the issue. Ford had an issue, as outlined in the TSB's, that led to this issue. It's as simple as that. You're making more out of it than is there.

I will not argue with you on a forum. It's ridiculous. Enough...

Shumax