#21 OFFLINE   1004ron

1004ron

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 355 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

Ford has asked my dealer to remove the engine and submit photos of it taken apart. I have no more details than that - my wife spoke to them. They are doing that Monday. Ford would not authorize a rental - even under goodwill. They punted me to my dealer. Because I did not buy it there, they arent as willing. I have some leverage as my company vehicle is a Ford and I have spent $8-$10,000 there in repairs over the last several years and referred people in, too. They recognize that and have not said no. They want to wait and see what Ford says after they pull the engine. I am not upset with my dealer at all. I get it and appreciate what they are doing thus far. Ford? Not happy. I appreciate they dont have to provide a rental; however, given this is the second major engine issue in 20,000 miles, and I am a loyal customer, they should at least help in some way. My opinion.

Should know more on Monday or Tuesday. I plan to create a website to document my experience. I see a few others have on the 2.7eco, too.

Shumax

Best of luck with Ford Corp and getting it sorted, and its highly unlikely that they'll find any cause to refute warranty seeing as all the work to date has been at their direction by authorized dealerships.

I've had my Sport for 1.5 years and haven't heard of any major endemic issues with them - what are the concerning things you're reading?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   shumax

shumax

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 130 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

https://www.builtrig...-engine-failure

If you google 2.7 ecoboost engine failure or replacement, you will find information.

Look, $hit happens and I get that. Its not like 6 engines out of 10 are being replaced. On a large scale, its small is my guess. Doesnt make you feel any better when you are one that is impacted, but I have enough sense to know better. $hit really does happen.

My dealer has had 3 now and I am 4. One was a Fusion Sport. The rest were trucks. I am the first Edge. This is a small town dealer. Imagine what the large dealers in a metro area see.

Thrilled you have had good luck. On my Explorer Sport, the 3.5 Eco has done well in 110,000 miles. Did have a turbo replaced under warranty early on but thats been it, largely...
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#23 OFFLINE   shumax

shumax

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:18 AM

Ford required the dealer to pull the valve cover, and drop the oil pan, and submit photos. New engine should be approved today. Should get the new engine by Friday. Put it in on Monday...

Attached Files

#24 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 9,138 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:44 AM

Wow, hope this gives you a truly fresh start.  Let's see if they approve a new engine or a remanufactured engine - probably a longblock, but could be a shortblock.

#25 OFFLINE   shumax

shumax

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:08 PM

They keep saying it will be a long block. We will see....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users