ODO Data Error

dfreand

I have a 2007 Edge SEL and today, on the instrument panel an "ODO Data Error" appeared. The "wrench and airbag" lites were lit up as well. My Edge drove fine until I had to stop at a light. I had to push the gas all the way down just to get the thing to move. As this occured with anyone else?

• Like 1

sounds like a computer glitch and the car went into protection mode. The dealer needs made aware of this so they can clear the code, possibly fix what went bad (most times it's just a glitch and just needs cleared), and have it documented.

Edited by hydro

• 1 year later...

I have a 2007 Edge SEL and today, on the instrument panel an "ODO Data Error" appeared. The "wrench and airbag" lites were lit up as well. My Edge drove fine until I had to stop at a light. I had to push the gas all the way down just to get the thing to move. As this occured with anyone else?

I am having the very same problem, do you have any details on the replacement parts

• 2 years later...

Ā 

I just had the EXACT same thing happen today. Very odd; in addition to the error message and same lights coming on, the speedometer went to 0, the O/D Off light went off and I was doing about 45-50 when it happened so after slowing down and trying to accelerate again, it felt like it was stuck in 4th or 5th gear. I pulled into a parking lot, shut it off and let it sit for a few seconds, started it back up and lights went out the and error message was gone, however, it didn't sound quite right and seemed to be stuck in high gear still. Walked into the Kroger for a few minutes trying to figure out what to do next and came back out to the car, cranked it back up and went move it to a shaded parking space, still with the tranny slipping in a high gear and then as I slowed for a car to pass to move across the lot, it downshifted and all seemed to be fine again.

Ā 

I'm thinking I need to get it checked out but all the dealer may tell me is they can't reproduce it. Can they see a history of error codes? I stopped by an Auto Zone to see if they could check the codes, but he said if the check engine light is not on, they can see anything.

Well, mine is sitting at the dealer waiting on parts to be fixed. It's a couple of sensors and said it would require draining the trans and they are going to replace the trans filter and gasket while they are in there. He suggested I not drive it as it could leave me stranded at any time again; and when I asked about the rate on a loaner, he said, with the money you are about to pay us on this repair, the least I can do is give you a loaner until it's fixed (which will be Tuesday), so the put me in a '12 Edge at no charge for 4 days...

He said they would have to drop the tranny, so that is also why...I hope so too. It was flushed and flashed just over a year ago and that helped for a little while. I hope this fixes too!

Ā 

I have to admit, the '12 is nice but I can tell a big difference in the ride of it's 20s and my 18s. The bigger bumps that I hit, like the transition on a certain bridge, is much harsher with the 20s. It will get up and go, but I think mine has a more responsive launch. I can't wait to get mine back...looks like it will be Thursday though. They finished it up late today but want to put some miles on it to ensure they have fixed it and my schedule won't allow me to get it tomorrow when complete.

Ā 

This '12 also has the exhaust smell issue...mine doesn't...

The 20" wheel/tire combo is probably heavier than the 18" setup. Less of a sidewall certainly doesn't help with those rough roads. They must have changed the air flow design somehow somewhere, I am glad to not have that exhaust smell issue either!

Ā 

How did you like the interior? I assume the 2012 has the digital gauges/MFT etc?

I have a 2007 Ford edge as well. 78k. Recently I was driving on the Tri State in Illinois, odo error came on, spedometer went to zero, air bag warning light, low air in tire, warning indicators went on. All when I was in a traffic jam. I had to slow down due to traffic. When I tried to accelorate it acted as if I was in a higher gear. I called my mechanic who told me to pull over and disconect the battery terminal, wait a few minutes and then reconect - this would reset the system. It did, and everything went back to normal. This is actuslly the second time this happened to me. The first time it reset when I shut the car off. I have read on this forum thst others have had this problem. Does anyone know what exactly has to be fixed to stop this problem from occuring agsin?

• 2 months later...

Carbonedge, did this fix your problem? I have already replaced the OSS once for the P0970 error (ODO error) and it stopped for a few weeks. It has continued to happen intermittently. I carry a code scanner with me in the car and pull over to reset the system whenever it happens. Wondering if we should go ahead and have the TSS replaced as well.

Carbonedge, did this fix your problem? I have already replaced the OSS once for the P0970 error (ODO error) and it stopped for a few weeks. It has continued to happen intermittently. I carry a code scanner with me in the car and pull over to reset the system whenever it happens. Wondering if we should go ahead and have the TSS replaced as well.

Ā 

Best I could tell at the time, it fixed it. It had only been fixed a few weeks...then I totaled it...

• 2 months later...

This has been happening to me. Yesterday it started and I just pulled to the shoulder of the freeway and restarted the engine. Error went away, car shifted normally, fault message went away. It happened again today, this time I restarted it and everything went away but when I started to drive you can tell the transmission was in the wrong gear. Restarted engine about 30 times, shifting from park to drive to reverse and all the above to no avail. Each shift was hard and shook the car. From park to reverse was the worst but drive perfectly fine one there. But driving in reverse down the freeway probably isn't a good idea. I ended up being towed off the freeway. The truck didn't park me in a legal place. Decided to drive 20 yards to a legal parking space. While driving I revved to about 2500 rpm and 15 mph and the transmission shifted to normal. Turned engine of and back on, went to work and went to the bar afterwards, which is where inn at now, and no problems since.

Ā 

2008 edge SEL, 108000 miles

Edited by Jabari Williams

• 1 month later...

I have a 2008 SEL with 93,000 miles and this has recently occurred twice. Both times were after driving for about an hour. The ODO Data Error message displays, odometer stops working, wrench light illuminates and as far as I push on the gas petal, nothing but engine ramps up like its in high gear. Car instantly will not go. I attempted to put into park and it sounded and felt as if the transmission was about to fall out from the car. Very hard thump sound when I did get it to shift. When I placed back into Drive, there was a short delay before the transmission actually shifted and again, it sounded as if the entire thing was about to fall out from under the car. Next, when I attempted to accelerate on the gas, no movement, but the engine was clearly running as the RPMs showed. Eventally, after holding down the gas petal to the floor for a few seconds, the car shifted and began to drive normally again.

Ā 

• 1 month later...

The sensors replaced for me were:

Ā 

AA5Z-7M101-B Sensor - turbine

AA5Z-7M103-B Sensor - output

Ā 

The parts total was $82.56 with labor coming in at $788...which also included a fan and motor replacement ($403) that apparently went bad as well...

You posted this some time ago so hopefully you will see this post. I had to have the same sensors replaced. I was charged the same for parts but I am curious if we were charged the same, or close to, for labor. I was charged $318.65 for the labor to replace the two sensors. Does this sound close to your costs excluding the fan and motor replacement?

• 3 weeks later...

You posted this some time ago so hopefully you will see this post. I had to have the same sensors replaced. I was charged the same for parts but I am curious if we were charged the same, or close to, for labor. I was charged $318.65 for the labor to replace the two sensors. Does this sound close to your costs excluding the fan and motor replacement?

Ā 

/\ /\ /\ /\ Yep, what he said \/ \/ \/ \/

Ā 

$788-$403 = $385 for the sensor replacement. So I'd say you got a good rate, April.