Key pad Keyless Entry Code

jsaucier

I just purchased a used 2008 Edge and the keyless entry factory code card is not in documentation. Does anyone know where to look for the code within the car? I looked in the fuse box, nothing. Someone mentioned the PCM module - and I have no idea what that is or where to look for it. I don't want to spend $75-125 for Ford to scan it. It defeats the purpose of buying a used Edge (save $). Thanks

I just purchased a used 2008 Edge and the keyless entry factory code card is not in documentation. Does anyone know where to look for the code within the car? I looked in the fuse box, nothing. Someone mentioned the PCM module - and I have no idea what that is or where to look for it. I don't want to spend $75-125 for Ford to scan it. It defeats the purpose of buying a used Edge (save $). Thanks

Hi jsaucier. :D Well, you have already heard of the two places where most people looking for the code have stated they have found it: the PCM and the passenger compartment fuse box.

You say you looked in the "fuse box". Did you look in the passenger compartment fuse box (located below and to the left of the steering wheel, under the dash), or the fuse box in the engine compartment? The anecdotal evidence I have heard is that it is sometimes found in the passenger compartment fuse box, not the engine compartment.

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is essentially a small computer, usually silver in color and about 6"x4" (but they vary in size). It is located in the front passenger side footwell, under the glove box and behind or slightly above the right side kick panel.

I know the Owners Manual describes how to find and access the fuse boxes. I am not sure at the moment whether it does the same for the PCM

Keep in mind that while a few people have stated they found the code listed in one of those two places, many more have looked and stated that it was not located there in their particular vehicle. :shrug:

If you can not find it there, your only choice will be to have the Dealership retrieve it. You should politely tell the Dealer that for the amount of money you paid for the vehicle, that service should have been provided. After all, the Keyless Entry Keypad is part of the equipment that came with the vehicle, and all equipment should be functioning and usable when you purchased it. Since you can not use it without the code, it should have been retrieved and provided when you purchased. After all, if the windshield wipers or door locks were inoperable, the Dealery would certainly need to fix them under the terms of most used car purchase agreements. Well, in this case, your Keyless Entry Keypad is inoperable.

Also, if you are missing any of your other documentation or booklets, you can get some of them (Owner Manuals, Warranty Guides or Scheduled Maintenance Guides) in PDF form here:

LINK: Ford Vehicle Booklets

Just fill in the drop down boxes with your vehicle information, click "Submit", then click on the manual/guide you need.

Let us know how you make out, and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 6 months later...

Hi guys. :D Just another point of view: If you check the post dates, you will see that this thread had been dead since 11/22/08. This thread is almost 7 months old, and "jsuacier" (the original poster), has never been back since he first posted on 11/21/08. So I think any answers at this point are futile. Nobody is home.

Of course if anyone still wants to reply, far be it from me to stop them. I just wanted to point out that nobody is home here. :shrug:

For future members wondering about where to find the Factory Code: Check for the Factory supplied Code Card. If you do not have the card, check your passenger compartment fuse box. If it is not there, ask your Dealer to provide it to you.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with adding to a dead post,because people like me who have the same problem can learn.So all you guys that feel silly...Don't.

I was told by my Ford dealer that it used to be behind a panel in the cargo area.But they do not do that anymore,you have to get it scanned now.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with adding to a dead post,because people like me who have the same problem can learn.So all you guys that feel silly...Don't.

I was told by my Ford dealer that it used to be behind a panel in the cargo area.But they do not do that anymore,you have to get it scanned now.

That was what my dealer told me too, but when I was in getting an oil change on another vehicle, the service rep just looked it up on the computer and gave it to me. He didn't need my vin number, just put my name in and there it was, no scanning necessary.

• 8 months later...

That was what my dealer told me too, but when I was in getting an oil change on another vehicle, the service rep just looked it up on the computer and gave it to me. He didn't need my vin number, just put my name in and there it was, no scanning necessary.

So glad all this info is still on here! Will look when I get home. Just bought a used 2008 Ford Edge SEL and security code given doesn't work.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...