2012 model year

Just wondering, does anyone know what changes will be made for the 2012 model year ?

Would like to see a Edge Sport version for the MKX !

Joe

EcoBoost engine available and of course and minor changes as needed.

MKX already has the Mustang engine and the SelectShift transmission. What else would you like to add to make it a MKX Sport? Only thing I could think of would be the 365-HP 3.5L EcoBoost from the Taurus SHO / Flex. Or are you more referring to a 'Sport' trim for looks?

The Mustang 3.7 engine is fine with me, I'd like to see the lower body cladding painted the same color as the car, like the Edge Sport. I will consider an Edge Sport, but I like some of the creature comforts like heated & cooled front seats, heated rear seats, and power tilt and telescopic steering wheel with memory. My wifes MKS has this, and it makes it really nice getting out of the car the seat goes back, steering wheel goes up and in - really nice.

The Mustang 3.7 engine is fine with me, I'd like to see the lower body cladding painted the same color as the car, like the Edge Sport. I will consider an Edge Sport, but I like some of the creature comforts like heated & cooled front seats, heated rear seats, and power tilt and telescopic steering wheel with memory. My wifes MKS has this, and it makes it really nice getting out of the car the seat goes back, steering wheel goes up and in - really nice.

I totally agree. Honestly, if it were responsibly within my budget range, I would have gotten the MKX and matched the body panels and done something about that hideous grill (IMO). Maybe even swap an Edge Sport front clip onto the MKX.... that could be pretty hot.

Will have to see what the '12's bring. How about taking a MKX, putting on a front end like a Edge sport, and call it a MKX GT (Grand Touring) !

Sounds pretty slick, might try and sell this to FMC !

Great weekend everyone, and how's the new Explorer Edgieguy?

Joe

The Ex is NICE! My wife loves it! And since she works so hard with the kids all day, I'm happy to see her happy in the truck that she wanted. I guess since my last 4 purchases were Ford's we are now a Blue Oval Family.

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Edited by Edgieguy

The Ex is NICE! My wife loves it! And since she works so hard with the kids all day, I'm happy to see her happy in the truck that she wanted. I guess since my last 4 purchases were Ford's we are now a Blue Oval Family.

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Nice!!!

I love the look of the new explorer! :shift:

It would be really nice if they made the Sport with HID lights and larger brakes. If they did that, it would be pretty much perfect.

I've got to say, after owning a 2008 limited I think the change to the braking system is magnificent. I had to change my 2008's. Lines to stainless steel, change the pads and rotors to get it where I thought it should've been from the factory. The Sports progressiveu pedal feel and feedback seem great to me. I may upgrade the lines again, and when the pads go ill look at upgrading to better materials as well, but overall, I'm very happy.

As far as the HID's.... I put in a set of $45.00 DDMTuning HIDs and re-aimed my lights and they're probably as good if not more efficient than the OEMS.