Just wrapped up day 2 in the Edge

WOW! Are you all in for a real treat. I've been in an Edge SEL Plus AWD for the past two days. Fully loaded. Blazing Copper with black interior. This vehicles has exceeded my expectations and the all new powertrain is simply fantastic. I know I know, this post is worthless without pics but I need to get home and find my camera USB cord and start downloading.

WOW! Are you all in for a real treat. I've been in an Edge SEL Plus AWD for the past two days. Fully loaded. Blazing Copper with black interior. This vehicles has exceeded my expectations and the all new powertrain is simply fantastic. I know I know, this post is worthless without pics but I need to get home and find my camera USB cord and start downloading.

I think you're the first one to receive and Edge :rockon: :party2:

Where are you located? I got a call from my sales rep yesterday to say "we just got a SE in. However, it's a stock car". She just wanted to let me know that they are starting to arrive. Too bad the stock job wasn't Blazing Copper or I would of taken it.

Hopefully mine shows up fairly quickly.

Bill

Haha Robert, check the handle bro. I'm part of the machine.

Bill, do you have a retail order with a dealer currently? Retails are getting first priority for retrofits (the appearance changes and the Vista roof redos, panel measurement rechecks across body, don't believe all this hubbub about bad components, I've heard it all from suspension, to the new engines blowing up, to the trans sucking, etc) however, it might be quicker to submit a new retail order that'll be built in the third week of January and show up early February.

Haha Robert, check the handle bro. I'm part of the machine.

Bill, do you have a retail order with a dealer currently? Retails are getting first priority for retrofits (the appearance changes and the Vista roof redos, panel measurement rechecks across body, don't believe all this hubbub about bad components, I've heard it all from suspension, to the new engines blowing up, to the trans sucking, etc) however, it might be quicker to submit a new retail order that'll be built in the third week of January and show up early February.

Yes, I have one SE retail order and they ordered an SEL in my name as well (They will just put the one I don't want on the lot). I have two vin numbers and they have both been built (I believe the 2nd and 3rd week in November). So, is there any reason to order another one?

Thanks!

Bill

Yes, I have one SE retail order and they ordered an SEL in my name as well (They will just put the one I don't want on the lot). I have two vin numbers and they have both been built (I believe the 2nd and 3rd week in November). So, is there any reason to order another one?

Thanks!

Bill

Units that were built and shipped out would have been placed in storage. As the built units start getting retrofitted it could take some time to locate your specific units. Retail orders do have number one priority on getting those done. But given the amount of them that made it out and the amount just parked, it could take some time to get everything sorted out. The goal is to have all the units built to dealers by February. Staff will be working on clearing out the lots everyday except Christmas. Unfortunately due to the number of units in limbo right now, traces won't be done on them.

Units that were built and shipped out would have been placed in storage. As the built units start getting retrofitted it could take some time to locate your specific units. Retail orders do have number one priority on getting those done. But given the amount of them that made it out and the amount just parked, it could take some time to get everything sorted out. The goal is to have all the units built to dealers by February. Staff will be working on clearing out the lots everyday except Christmas. Unfortunately due to the number of units in limbo right now, traces won't be done on them.

Should I just tell them to order me another one?

It wouldn't hurt. It's not they can't sell it if one of yours gets in beforehand. The only problem is just that we've been told there are not going to be any traces and there's no way to know just where a particular retail order can be. You can have the dealer call their Ford rep and see if maybe they can somehow find a way to see where yours is at.

Since you had a good two days behind the wheel, wanted to get your thoughts on the brakes and details on handling, both were kind of somewhat critisized on some of the reviews. Either all the reviews are nit -picking or in the case of the brakes, they may have a point. Was very interested in getting on non-media opinion on this and you seem to one of the first ones to be in a position to comment.

Since you had a good two days behind the wheel, wanted to get your thoughts on the brakes and details on handling, both were kind of somewhat critisized on some of the reviews. Either all the reviews are nit -picking or in the case of the brakes, they may have a point. Was very interested in getting on non-media opinion on this and you seem to one of the first ones to be in a position to comment.