Performance Chip

TravysCanada

Talked to my dealer today and he said that the edge's 3.5 l V6 is the same engine as the Ford 500 and the Taurs X. He says that any coild air intakes that i find for them should fit the Edge. That is the same for performance chips.

Does he know wht he's talking about? Because its a 6 speed tranni - whitch is new for Ford does that make a difference?

I have NO i repete NO!!! mechanical aptitude so som1 plz respond that knows wht their talking about

post-1261-1187643032_thumb.jpg

Talked to my dealer today and he said that the edge's 3.5 l V6 is the same engine as the Ford 500 and the Taurs X. He says that any coild air intakes that i find for them should fit the Edge. That is the same for performance chips.

Does he know wht he's talking about? Because its a 6 speed tranni - whitch is new for Ford does that make a difference?

I have NO i repete NO!!! mechanical aptitude so som1 plz respond that knows wht their talking about

It's the same engine as the new Taurus (not the 500) and Taurus X and the same transmission but that does not mean the intakes are the same because the bodies are different. You'd have to look at both to be sure - sometimes the routing is different. As for the chip - that is not necessarily interchangeable either as the tuning and other parameters could be different between the Taurus and the Edge. Better play it safe with that one. If they have one for the Taurus and it works for the Edge the vendor will be the first to advertise that fact.