07 Tan color wax help

I bought the Meguiar's goldclass carnuba plus prem paste wax. Is it okay to swirl it on with the supplied pad or should I do straight lines? Also how long should I let this stuff dry before buffing off with a 100% cotton cloth? I tried it just on the hood but don't think I let it dry long enough. The shine or mirror effect didn't improve from how it was before I waxed but I did notice water beads a lot more into finer beads when i washed it a few days later.

I got a polisher/buffing pad that attaches to my drill from O'Reilys and it is making the somewhat dull areas much more sharp. The whole car has a deeper look to it if that makes sense to you. About to apply the Mequiar's goldclass carnauba plus paste wax. Doing the polish I went through both of my drill batteries.

I think at first I was using too much polish in one area. Started to thin out the polish and spread it more and the number of micro cloths i went through to do final wipe went down.

I got a polisher/buffing pad that attaches to my drill from O'Reilys and it is making the somewhat dull areas much more sharp. The whole car has a deeper look to it if that makes sense to you. About to apply the Mequiar's goldclass carnauba plus paste wax. Doing the polish I went through both of my drill batteries.

I think at first I was using too much polish in one area. Started to thin out the polish and spread it more and the number of micro cloths i went through to do final wipe went down.

I don't think that's what the polishing ball is made for - you really need a DA polisher with the right pads and a lot of experience. You can burn through your clearcoat very quickly.

yeah you shouldn't be using a drill to polish, one as you stated you have to keep changing batteries and two as akirby said you can burn through your paint. Get a DA polisher and save yourself lots of time. You should go to autogeek.net or some kind of detailing site and learn more before you do something wrong.

Keep the drill for you wheels only. You were given some good advice to go to Autogeekonline.net. They have some great videos for beginners and Mike Phillips (who's in charge of training) has a book for sale too. You will see me on there with the same username.