issue with rear lights

Not sure what is going on, I checked the fuse for the turn signal, but the rear lights don't work (no turn signal, no brake light, no flasher), The front lights are ok. The uni light above the window works but nothing in the rear. Could it be a bad switch at the brake, or a burnt out bulb or a bad switch on the steering column. I do notice the turn signal seem to be blinking faster than they were a couple weeks ago.

Thanks,

TIm

Did they go out suddenly all at once or slowly one at a time?

Usually when the turn signal blinks faster it is because it's relay is getting a different load due to a busted bulb (could be a fuse too). Other bulbs that are wired parallel to the busted bulb will then be brighter slightly and eventually they or their fuses will fail too sooner or later because they are getting some of the amperes that suposedly should go to the original busted bulb. It the affected bulbs were wired in series, one busted bulb will make all of the affected bulbs stop working all together then you just have to find which is busted and replace it tthen the other bulbs should all together work. Same concept also applies to fuses too. Just check the fuses and bulbs.

It's always a good idea to replace a busted bulb before it escalates.

Edited by jRE

I do notice the turn signal seem to be blinking faster than they were a couple weeks ago.

Thanks,

TIm

Based on that comment and my experience with my '07, your tail light bulb is blown. Is it both turn signals, or just the left or right? Whichever one is blinking faster, that's the one that blown.

I am not sure if they went all at once or one then the other. Somebody flagged me down and said my rear lights were not working, but its both sides and the brake lights. Both turn signals blink fast. I will try to check the bulbs and replace them if blown.

Thanks, for your help

Tim