Looking for info on the Edge

Rockfish

No, but I am hoping that all the kinks, if any will be worked out in the newer model.

And I am a bit concerned about the brake issue that I have read about.

A

Rather or not Ford acknwledges and corrects the problem, look at some of the suggestions on tires, pads and rotors by other members on the forum to improve braking to match the competition. If you like the Edge then buy it and upgrade tires and brakes.

• 1 year later...
The Nitro is on a Liberty platform. Very uncomfortable ride IMO. Plus, there has already been a safety recall issued due to the engine stalling for no reason.

Acadia - It is a fancy Saturn Outlook.

Stick with the Edge. You won't be sorry.

"Good Hands" sounds right. Before I bought my 2008 edge, I really checked out the Acadia/Ourlook, and Jeep/Dodge lines, as well as Highlander. I am glad I bought the Edge. It is everything I wanted, and more. Very happy.

Shacq

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone!

I joined your forum to learn a little more about the Ford Edge. I will be replacing my Dodge Grand Caravan soon since it has over 150,000 miles and am trying to decide which of today's new vehicles to purchase. I have grown out of the minivan stage and am not expecting to need a people hauler but am reluctant to give up on hauling stuff. I like the new CUVs since they have a lot of storage capacity without the off road and high trailer towing limits.

Two other vehicles I like are the Dodge Nitro and the GMC Acadia. The basic reasons for these three are:

Dodge Nitro - basic transportation with lowest price of the three that has reasonable storage capacity

Ford Edge - more luxury at a reasonable price with good storage capacity

GMC Acadia - lots of room but the highest priced and may be too large for me now.

I will be bouncing in and out of the various topics on this forum as I have time to peruse them. If you Ford Edge people and any comments regarding this trio of vehicles please reply.

Thanks

Hello Edge people!

I have a high mileage Chrysler T/C . I want to replace it with either a Ford Edge Ecoboost, or the yet to be released Chevy Equinox Direct injection turbo that is supposed to come out in the summer. Now I am pretty certain that the Equinox will be out in the summer, but will there be a FORD EDGE ECOBOOST in the summer?

I see this a a "race" between Ford and Chevy for my money. The first one to come up with this size vehicle and an economical engine

will probably get my money.

I have been reading the entries about the Edge mechanical/electrical problems and I can't say I'm very impressed with the reliability issues. I realize though that I have been reading the distilled complaints- there must be others who are happy with the Edge.

I probably would pick the SEL model, because I just don't think the AWD is very useful for me, andit cuts mileage, adds complexity.