2012 Edge Sport squeaks when turning right

So I just noticed this the other day and unfortunately haven't been able to test it further (since it is the wife's daily driver), but here is what I am noticing:

If I take a right turn, say a 90 degree onto another street, and straighten out the steering wheel quickly I hear a squeak coming from the front left side upon straightening. I managed to do it 3 times in a row. But I haven't been able to reproduce the sound when I turn left.

I figured I would keep an eye on it and if it persists I would take it to the dealer. The car is new, bought with less than 100 miles on it in February, and now has about 1500 miles. But I wanted to check on here to see if anyone else has noticed the same thing or if there is a known issue about this.

Any input or advice would be great.

Thanks!

Paul

Your description is a little different than the TSB but there is a known issue with a heat shield that causes a hooting sound when turning right only. Don't recall the number but certainly the dealer should know about it and be able to confirm if this is the same thing you are seeing.

• 4 months later...

I recently got this problem fixed during my first oil change at the dealership, along with updating the SYNC. Although they couldn't repeat the problem, my description matched a TSB that was out for the vehicle to a 'T'. Since my description of what I was experiencing was so spot on, they decided to apply the TSB fix. It had to do with the heat shield on the front left driver's side resonating on hard right turns at parking lot speeds. The fix was to bend/relocate the heat shield, which probably took less than 30 minutes to do.

• 2 months later...

am having same issue with my edge brought it in 2x and they still cant fix my ride losing fait in that dealership slowly alongside other issues ive mention to them about my car. whatever this TSB is, can you post here so i can help these people out at my local dealership. fustrated driver here.