Lemoned my Edge

F11Atcer

Well it has been one year since I purchased our 2011 Ford Edge with the My Touch system. My computer has been replaced three times, and I think we could all list a plethora of My Touch issues. I documented all of this from day one . I filed my appropriate lemon paperwork with the state of FL about three months ago. This is after Ford has given me a bumper to bumper 75k warranty and the Premium Service Maintenance contract for free to keep me happy. Those two items were given after I nicely contacted the Ford number in the warranty manual that comes with the vehicle. In the state of FL, you have to go to arbitration first before you can sue in court for lemon law. I had everything documented and made copies for the arbitrator. I watched A Few Good Men a couple of times and I was ready. After presenting my case to the Arbitrator (lawyer who volunteers) and giving a little test drive, I was done. Ford, who participated by phone put up a pitiful case. A few days later the BBB mailed me the decision in my favor of full replacement. They gave me full MSRP value of my original purchase plus 5%. I went with the 2013 Ford Explorer XLT. Same great engine and all the power options. I selected this package to stay away from the My Touch system. It may work well for some, but my family did not care to try it for a second time. And Ford is transferring the extended warranty and service plan to my new vehicle. Except for the part when they told me my issues were a minor inconvenience and I won my case, now they are truly trying to make me happy since the law is making them. I am so excited to pick up my 2013 Ford Explorer this week. I feel like I have beat the man! :happy feet:

Edited by F11Atcer

Did you ever try the update? Ours has been more stable with the upgrade but still has occasional reboots and other glitches but I have another service visit schedueld to see what they can do. I hope they can finally figure out what is causing the problems but if they can't I might be forced to pursue the same. Just not feeling the reliability of this vehicle out of warranty. But with that said I don't think I would go back to Ford and I'm surprised with all the troubles you had you did as well.

Did you ever try the update? Ours has been more stable with the upgrade but still has occasional reboots and other glitches but I have another service visit schedueld to see what they can do. I hope they can finally figure out what is causing the problems but if they can't I might be forced to pursue the same. Just not feeling the reliability of this vehicle out of warranty. But with that said I don't think I would go back to Ford and I'm surprised with all the troubles you had you did as well.

Well, of course I updated the My Touch system. Even did the last update. Best thing about the last big update was the nifty memory stick. I can tell you what is causing the problems in the My Touch system. It's a POS! Not the vehicle, just the computer running My Touch. I was awarded replacement, not buy back. I had no other option but to go with Ford.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't make out well with your Edge. I'm a tech-addict and am very picky about how my electronics operate and I'm quite satisfied thus far. Of course, time will tell if things change, but my phone plays nicely with my Edge, voice recognition actually works (even with the panoramic sunroof open), and people can have a conversation with me and hear me clearly at speed with the sunroof and windows (somewhat) open. Amazing!

• 4 months later...

I was also given the ESP to shut me up. I tried but wasn't able to Lemon mine. The dealer I bought it from apparently didn't track all of my service visits and they didn't give me receipts because "it was warranty work". I didn't know until another dealer in a neighboring state told me what the original dealer was probably up to. By then it was too late and I had already gone over the 15,000 miles for my state's Lemon Law.

I contacted my state's Attorney General and Office of Consumer Affairs anyway and they offered to set up a mediation session but said that it was highly unlikely anyone from the company would respond.

I hope I am able to be so lucky! Have 6300 miles on it had MFT computer replaced problems got worse now I am waiting on a new touch screen. Currently have a vehicle data recorder on it because it's had been in twice for two weeks for transmission problems that they can not duplicate but the service manager said it shifts hard engine revs likes its in neutral between gears but the computer shows no problems so they can't duplicate problem. Tried to use data recorder and it broke service department had no idea what was wrong has a E flashing on LCD 15 mins online I found manual and it says it has an error service advisor still says he is waiting to find out what the E is but his tech said it was normal that it's just recording data. The rep from ford I going to come get the car in KY they get 4 try's or 30 in the shop ford customer service received their second complaint today and said they will call back on 24 hours.