I do not like the new MFT update.

This is the main reason why.

Why take away the good thing?

I like to have the screen at Home, but since I can no longer see the song titles, I have to switch to the Entertainment screen.

Then when I want to control my butt warmer/cooler, I have to go back to the Home or Climate screen.

Why Why didn't you just put the manual switch for the heated/cooled seats Lincoln? WHYYYYYY?

newvsoldtouch2.jpg

However I do like the simpler Climate control screen. It seems a little bit faster as well.

Edited by ELation

Beside the annoying things you mention, I have been running into other problems similar to the old version with the back up camera freezing up, screen going black, phone not connecting, etc. I love the look of the new system and it does seem to be more responsive, but with all the issues this thing is having in less than a year, I will definitly not be keeping the car past the warranty and will be hesitant to buy another car with the same system unless I hear lots of reviews that the problems have been fixed. All this electronic stuff makes me nervous when the warranty is up. Just my 2 cents.

Beside the annoying things you mention, I have been running into other problems similar to the old version with the back up camera freezing up, screen going black, phone not connecting, etc. I love the look of the new system and it does seem to be more responsive, but with all the issues this thing is having in less than a year, I will definitly not be keeping the car past the warranty and will be hesitant to buy another car with the same system unless I hear lots of reviews that the problems have been fixed. All this electronic stuff makes me nervous when the warranty is up. Just my 2 cents.

If you continue to have those problems then you need to have the dealer check it - you likely have a bad APIM.

If you continue to have those problems then you need to have the dealer check it - you likely have a bad APIM.

Good luck with that. When I told them I was still ahving issues I was told they were working on it. I insisted they check the hardware since I often get GPS dropouts, had the reverse camera freeze and actually became my background image for a while, a few lock ups, the system write protects my drives, voice recognition doesn't work well and mic background noise is back. They claim to have tested it and found no problems. But even with all of these issues it is still way better than 2.11 for me. I just hope they sort this other crap out on the next update or at least acknowledge/fix the hardware issue.

The thing that really makes that "Entertainment" label stupid is that it is redundant. We already know that is the entertainment tab. There are already 2 ways to figure it out. It's in the lower left quadrant and it's red. There's no reason to take away the song title and waste the space with a redundant label. I really hate downgrades with new software releases.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have a concern with the new MFT software update (dealer installed yesterday).....for the life of me, I don't understand why Ford took away the ability to have a wallpaper without the "screen snot" quadrants overlaid on the wallpaper.

Is there any way to go back level on the software, and if so, where would I get the code to revert back to mu previous version? TIA.

Well, I have a concern with the new MFT software update (dealer installed yesterday).....for the life of me, I don't understand why Ford took away the ability to have a wallpaper without the "screen snot" quadrants overlaid on the wallpaper.

Is there any way to go back level on the software, and if so, where would I get the code to revert back to mu previous version? TIA.

I have been told they can't/won't. When I upgraded from 2.8 to 2.11 all hell broke loose and the system went from marginal to horrible and they still wouldn't do anything but tell me to wait for the rewrite that was supposed to fix everything. Luckily for me it is a bit more stable but there are still penty of issues. I just hope Ford is still going to do something about it.

In regards to the Entertainment Screen. Would like to see the "Alert" box removed or moved and more room for song titles. I would find this way more useful. I also agree with ELation in that the fan speed and song titles need to return to those corner locations also.