2012 edge limited headlight problems

So im currently stuck on what to do. I bought an aftermarket HID kit and installed them with no problem months ago and as of yesterday night my passenger side headlight seemed to have quit on me. I know it is not the kit as ive tested out both the ballast and light on the driver side and both still work. Ive checked the fuses also and none have short circuited. However when i test the oem power source itself i come up with nothing. Their seems to be no power coming out from it. I have tons of warranty on the ride so im not to worried about it but the hassle of them "diagnosing" the problem would just cut into my time so i would rather try to fix the problem myself. Anyone else have this problem?

So im currently stuck on what to do. I bought an aftermarket HID kit and installed them with no problem months ago and as of yesterday night my passenger side headlight seemed to have quit on me. I know it is not the kit as ive tested out both the ballast and light on the driver side and both still work. Ive checked the fuses also and none have short circuited. However when i test the oem power source itself i come up with nothing. Their seems to be no power coming out from it. I have tons of warranty on the ride so im not to worried about it but the hassle of them "diagnosing" the problem would just cut into my time so i would rather try to fix the problem myself. Anyone else have this problem?

You fried the smart junction box. It might just need to be reset, otherwise it needs to be replaced. And if so don't expect the warranty to cover it, even if you have "tons" due to the HIDs.

Does sound like it could be a smart junction box issue as Akirby mentioned. This is why many recommend using a relay harness to take the load off the SJB. Also as Akirby stated getting it covered under warranty will be a long shot, especially if they see anything modified in the engine bay that could have been for aftermarket lighting. Good luck.

• 1 year later...