SEL for $30,000 plus ttl?

I been looking for either a loaded SEL or Limited and ran across a SEL White Platnium tri coat with everything but the vista roof and Sony hd radio. The MSRP is $39,380 and the dealer will let it go for $30,000 plus ttl. It has the upgraded 20" chrome wheels, sync w/nav, Eco boost and every other option I can think of. While I would prefer Black with vista roof the best deal I can get is $37,000 on a 2013. Is this a good deal on a new 2012 because I think I'm going to pull the trigger Monday and save myself $7,000.

I have a Limited with the Sony HD stereo and moonroof and i have to say that i LOVE both of those options and couldn't imagine having the car without them. The panoramic moonroof is the closest thing to a convertible and I have it open pretty much every day unless it's raining. The stereo kicks butt and truly caps off my driving experience. That being said, $7k more is a LOT of money to pay just to get those two options (so let's say around a $5k premium on top of the Edge you're looking at)... so you're in a tough spot. Are you going to keep it a long time, like more than 3 years? If so, you might want to get the car optioned out exactly as you want it today. If you're like me and only keep cars for 3 years, suck it up and save the $$ now.

Also, I have the V6 and like the power it puts out. I would have gotten the Ecoboost, but they say at current gas prices the Ecoboost will take about 4-years to pay itself back (and i'm in it for 3). Besides, you're getting such a sweetheart deal that it should negate any price premium for the upgrade.

Edited by srs148