Weatherstrip

slackeribew

Anybody had an issue with the top weatherstrip on the very tip of rear door hatch, I've purchased a 2007 Edge and it is rotten, The dealer don't show it. It has a metal strip that fastens to the inside of hatch and a rubber 3/4 weatherstrip(it appears to keep snow and rain out of gap between top and where the rear doot hatch meet. The metal strip is either welded or glued(very well) I've trimmed the rotten rubber flush with the top of hatch. It now has a gap. When you open the hatch it will allow water down the hatch rails(which seems to be the way it was designed) Without the weaterstrip it will let snow and ice build up and probably won't let you open the back hatch. Anybody know exactly what I'm talking about? Your input would be much appreciated. Or where you can buy one? Thanks Mike

Edited by slackeribew

The only suggestion that I would have for you is to go to the parts department at you dealereship, and ask them about ordering the part, and how you would go about installing it. You might have to have them install it, might be worth the frustration and aggravation of trying to do it yourself.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO