MFT + USB Connector + Pandora

We recently bought a 2011 Pre-owned Edge and I'm having a problem getting Pandora to stream through the USB conector. It keeps saying theres no media files on the device (iPhone 4 - iOS 5.1.1) - which is try as I don't keep music on it. The only way I get Pandora to work is through BT, but the BT cuts out frequently. Is Sync/MFT (fully updated) supposed to work through the (oem) usb cable? I tried selecting the Doc Connector from the options in pandora - but it doesn't play anything.

Also, I saw the AppLink app plastered on the website, but it looks like it's not available for the 2011 edges, is that a true statement? Is there any plans to bring to the 11s?

My experience is similar to yours. The USB connector can only be used to charge the iPhone or play audio from iTunes. Any other audio sources such as Pandora or other streaming apps require use of the Bluetooth audio. I will say I haven't had any issues with the Bluetooth audio cutting out like you have indicated. Having access to AppLink would be ideal, but it appears the Edge is missing whatever hardware enables it or else they would have already introduced it.

I have no issues streaming from Pandora or Tuned-in through the USB cable (stock apple cable). I can't get BT audio to work since the last update. Also, when connecting the iPhone through the USB, 50% of the time I will hear no sound even though the screen shows the song and the time counting up. Unplug and re-plug and then it works fine every time. Go figure...

sometimes you have to go on your iphone and select usb dock instead of sync (bluetooth). I can get mine to work over both. Usually if it is playing and you don't hear sound it's because of that.

Yepp, that´s what i found out too.

I´m even able to stream pandora right here in Germany.

Cheers