2011, 2012, or 2013 Edge?

Hi. I am looking to buy a Ford Edge or Explorer immediately. Coming from a BMW.

I want to buy the latest generation, so 2011 onwards. I am wondering which year to buy though, as the prices at the lower years are obviously much more appealing and they don't generally have too much KM's (Ex. 2012 Edge w/ 25,000km is for $35K, compared to $45K brand new)

I want these options for sure: Navigation, Leather, EcoBoost, and possibly the Driver's Entry Package.

The dealer I visited today is giving these options to me for $43,000 vs. $46,000 MSRP..(all fees inclusive). I am looking to lease it for the 0.0%.

Now here is the dilemma, I can get a 2012 with all the options I want (plus more such as the SONY sound system) with around 20,000km (not much) for literally $34K, and with taxes it'd come down to like, $39K. But this has more options. This new would be around $50K. The only thing holding me back is the depreciation that you must face when buying a new car, so buying a one/two year older version seems to be much more legit.

Any advice? Should I go for completely brand new, or a year/two older?

Also, my 2nd question, how is the reliability on these cars?

Well, the options you want eliminate 2011 models as there was no ecoboost engine available until 2012. One thing to consider when buying new vs used is that you will be the first owner with new. 1 owner cars look better on paper when trying to resell than 2 owner. Also here in the states many insurance companys will offer full mechanical breakdown protection for current model year cars as long as you are the original owner. They are often better priced than a dealer extended warrenty and can be cancelled whenever you want as you pay along with your insurance premium. Through geico the extended protection is 7 years and i pay $48 every 6 months extra.